Election for Head of Foreign Ministry - Term 2

Who should head the Office of the Foreign Ministry in Term 2?

• General_W

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Peter Grimes

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

gbno1fan

Emperor
Please vote for either General_W or Peter Grimes.

You may view this thread for information regarding the nominations and candidates.

Constitutional Duties said:
4) The Office of the Foreign Ministry

A) Chief Foreign Minister
- The Chief Foreign Minister (CFM) is the head of all Foreign Activities and is responsible for the management of all relationships with other teams.
- The Chief Foreign Minister is responsible to post orders for each turn in a timely fashion for the President to follow.
- The CFM is in charge of all the following departments and may run them as he sees fit, including appointing any citizen to run the department in the CFM’s place. Any departmental disagreements will be settled by the CFM. The CFM is responsible to run a “Foreign Office” thread with a summary of the current happenings in all Foreign Ministry departments.

B) Department of State
- Run by the Chief Foreign Minister or an appointee of the CFM.
- Responsible for all treaties (War, Peace, Mutual Defense, Open Borders, Alliances, etc.)
- In charge of any correspondence with another team. No game related material may be passed to another team without the approval of this department.
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of State” thread.

C) Department of Trade
- Responsible for all exchanges of Technology, Gold, or Units with another team.
- Responsible to broker any deals where goods or units are exchanged – approval for some deals may need to come from the Department of the Budget or from the Secretary General of Defense.
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of Trade” thread.

D) Department of Intelligence and Analysis
- Responsible to keep up with and analyze all information gleaned from the F9 (info) screen.
- Responsible for any spies produced
- Responsible for digging out and collecting any informative tid-bits from things in chats with other teams or stuff posted in the UN forum.
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of Intelligence and Analysis” thread and with all the info gleaned from the F9 (info) screens. (Score, Demographics, Top 5 Cities, and Statistics)

E) Department of Propaganda
- Responsible for any “news” or non-official correspondence sent out to other teams.
- Responsible to maintain the “Department of Propaganda” thread and.

A question to the candidates ... how and in what form will you be presenting the data accumulated in the scoring screens that unfortunately our previous Foreign Minister forgot to do ... and will you be presenting the data in an ongoing and updatable format or just term by term.

I'm basicaly interested and wondering about the Department of Intelligence and Analysis, an important section that has been left neglected.

I'll freely admit - my analysis skills for Civ4 aren't amazing. I consider myself a decent player... but I don't always dig into the real micro aspects of the Civ experience. That's part of the reason I'm really loving being on this team… I'm learning a lot about the finer points of this game.

Here's what I can promise – I will continuously post screenshots from the intelligence screens and do my best to highlight any major happenings.
I have lots of experience with taking and posting in-game screenshots, and I believe I bring strong organization skills to the table that will make my intelligence reports easy to follow. This will be especially important – as I will give the more veteran members of our team a very easy way to offer their insight and analysis on what the numbers show.

Hope that answers your question Fe!
Keep them coming!

:salute:

If you are successful ... can you start a thread with screenies from year dot, as there might be some imteresting dips and peaks already established.

fe3333au said:
If you are successful ... can you start a thread with screenies from year dot, as there might be some imteresting dips and peaks already established.

Indeed there would be which would be spiked by cities growing in size, or when they change what they are producing. Ulitmately it will do little to change our game plan, but woudl be ncie to go oooooo....awwwww
;)

As more cities get founded (turns 60-100) this becomes more interesting / more relevant and at the same tiem there is less you can actually predict with the information:

and example right now:
if Team Aloha has a production of 3 we know there capital has 3 hammers a turn. (= warrior in 5 turns)
in 40 turns if they have a production of 24 but have 3 cities unless we can see thier map souroundings we can't extrapolate how fast they can build a unit.

Although my vote will go to whoever is willing to not only take screnshots, but do a quick comparison to the last turn:
i.e. Team epsilon has 11 commerce last turn, this turn they have 10, change of 1,
did anything else go up? production by 1.
down? yes food by 1

from there we can draw conclusion of what other teams are doing in the early stage :)

Yes - If elected - I'll be happy to go back and pull screenshots from the earlier game turns.

I'm also planning to keep a running total of what's changing from turn to turn. (You'll also find me to be very open to suggestions of how to do things better as I go along.)
Mostly - I'll be looking to establish a format for reporting that can serve our team for many turns to come... no matter who the Chief Foreign Minister is.

Epsilon Forever!

General_W said:
Yes - If elected - I'll be happy to go back and pull screenshots from the earlier game turns.

I'm also planning to keep a running total of what's changing from turn to turn. (You'll also find me to be very open to suggestions of how to do things better as I go along.)
Mostly - I'll be looking to establish a format for reporting that can serve our team for many turns to come... no matter who the Chief Foreign Minister is.

Epsilon Forever!

Wow :eek:

Hmm, Well Peter You need to convince me of your diplomatic ability or my vote might go to Austria... I mean General_W :mischief:

Not having checked this thread for a couple of days (due to an fairly intense, but short, work hiccup), I am a little behind in the discussion.

First of all, I do not own, nor can I run CIV. But that is not relevant to the questions posed here. If data-screen analysis is critical, I will appoint someone.

I know what I'm good at. I can spin off a letter to the enemy that makes them think that we really don't want them to do the one thing that's really good for them (which, of course, we need them to do); and helps them realize that they should avoid the very moves that will be damaging to us.

If people someone who is only focussed on screenshots and tablet analysis, then I'm not your man. But I see this position as administrative, with the most important area being in communication: which I excel at.

This election is now closed.

The winner is General_W by a very small margin.

I encourage the candidates to use this vote as incentive to work closely together, as it is obvious that both are very qualified, and their contributions will be immensely beneficial to Epsilon!

Thank you all so much! [party]

I hope to win over everyone that voted for my dear Friend Peter Grimes... thanks for a good campaign sir! :beer:

I'm sure I can count on Peter to be a key advisor of mine as/when we meet other teams.

I'll get my department up and running as soon as I get home from work and get access to the saves.

Peace is War
Freedom is Slavery
Epsilon is Strength

Top Bottom