1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Election : Leader

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by DaveShack, Jul 29, 2012.

?

Who shall be our Fearless Leader?

Poll closed Aug 1, 2012.
  1. Sommerswerd

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. 2metraninja

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. DaveShack

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

This election is for the Leader(President, Prime Minister, King)

Responsibilities: Organizes decisions and breaks ties. Keeps things moving.

Nominees: Sommerswerd, 2metraninja, DaveShack

This poll is private and open for 3 days. The highest vote total wins, without need for a majority of either the population or the votes cast. If there is a tie, a run-off poll will be used.

If the winner of the Leader election also wins the Deputy Leader, the deputy position will go to the next highest vote-getter in that poll.

2. YossarianLives

YossarianLives Deity

So, we need a run-off poll, right?

3. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I never yielded

No that's silly. DaveShack is a fine choice for leader. I can be back up leader or whatever, unless DaveShack doesen't want to be leader in which case I am ready to serve.:)

4. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Or whoever voted 2metra could declare themselves nd pick a leader. But of course Sommerswerd's solution takes less time.

5. whb

whb King

I get the impression that Dave and Sommers might be perfectly capable of sharing the role? Or is that a daft idea?

Sorry, my last minute vote for S caused the tie. On the basis that having put all that work in to make the game happen, It'd be a nice gesture if he were the inaugural leader.

6. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

In a hard times, the team must have strong and attached leader. I still remember that Captain Sommerswerd was the one who carried almost alone Team Amazon in the MTDG2 trough the period where some teams just collapsed.

Right now in these early stages the interest is still strong and there are not much things to be done or decided. Also, as it is formulated, to me it sounds more like administrative position with less to none power of actually ruling the team. Which may need to change a bit later when hard decisions will need to be made.
    I think for now both Sommers and Dave will fit very good in the role of organizing things.

When the heat comes, I would be happy with experienced in ruling team leader in charge, but till then we will have new elections anyway.

Also, this is a question worth asking: how is Team Leader different from a Team Captain?

7. talonschild

Team organization, rather than team representation?

8. cav scout

cav scout The Continuum

So is this position for head of state or head of govt?

9. DaveShack

I interpret the results as approval for either or both of us to drive what needs to be driven. Couple that with the results of the vice leader poll and I'm all for a triumvirate.

What the elections really provided was a way for everyone to anonymously indicate their support, or lack thereof. Looks like support. :)

10. DaveShack

What's the difference?

11. talonschild

A head of state is the national leader, and is generally supposed to be above partisanism - the presidential system is a notable exception. The head of government is just that - the head of the present government. In America they are the same person, but in, say, Britain, you have Queen Elizabeth as head of State and Prime Minister David Cameron as the Head of Government. In Germany they elect a head of State, too - presently Chancellor Merkel.

My draft of the Constitution called for a King and Prime Minister, with the King in charge of organization and the Prime Minister in charge of policy. Based on the Responsibilities in the first post and those in the first post of Deputy Leader, both positions split roughly the responsibilities of my King. Our policy at present is based on consensus.

By contrast, the Team Captain was the one who started the team, our default leader until the team could set its own rules and take on a life of its own, and our default representative to the world at large.