Elections Eligibility

chiefpaco

Emperor
BCLG asked me yesterday who can run for President in the next game and I wasn't sure. Here, I'd like to discuss the eligibility rule for term 1 of next game. Especially since our government seems to still be (for some reason) active.

From the Code of Standards, Section G:
6. Eligibility

A. Current officials are eligible to run for President.
1. Officials include the Presidency, Vice Presidency, Department Leaders, Department Deputies, Judiciary and Provincial Governors.
2. This restriction is lifted in the first term as there are no current officials.
Is this now the first term so point 2 comes into effect?
C. Incumbent leaders may run for 1 position in each election cycle. Other citizens may run for 2 positions in each election cycle.
Are our term 5 leaders "incumbent"?

Personally, I think it is a new game, and all these restrictions should be lifted.

I believe that the term one exception is still in place. Logically, then, current officials aren't incumbents since everything would be a clean slate.
My thought would be to remove the term one exception. That measure was passed because at the very beginning, there were no officials. Since there are now, we won't need to allow everybody to run for president. If this was changed, my thought would be then that term 5 leaders count as incumbents.

A literal reading seems to indicate that any citizen could run for president. Everyone could run in two elections except us term five officeholders who would be restricted to one election. Mods currently can't run for office.

Will we see a rash of resignations so current office holders can run intwo elections?

As the new game is a new game(!!!) we run from clean state.
This includes having all citizen being eligable for running on any position AND all officials of this game running for 2 positions.

We should not start to link both games together...... this will end up in mess.

As soon as we inhabit all citizens to run for president, all existing officials (also thos resigning now!) will only be allowed to run for 1.

Will all citizens (re-)register for the new game? If this is so, I would certainly have to look at the new game as being "new".

If the Constitution is taken by word, the next term is the first term, suggesting that anyone can run for Pres.

"Incumbent", however, could be more open to interperetation. I tend to agree with disorganizer so far.

how about we just let everyone run for any position they want and im glad i asked a question worth a new thread

I would like to see the first elections of this new game opened to anyone who wanted run for anything (except mods, but I don't intend to run anyway;) ) regardless of whether or not they hold a current position. Just my opinion and I don't see that it would hurt.

We still need to figure if anyone counts as an icumbent. According to the CoS, since I held office this term, I, along with all other elected offices, may only run for one office. Other citizens may run for two. Would this standard apply in the new game?

Yes, but not from the beginning.
The first elections are plain... free for running of all on all positions and for 2 positions.
The second elections will have that rule apply ;-)
You all voted for having the rules go to the next game, so now thats what you have from it :p

Originally posted by disorganizer
Yes, but not from the beginning.
The first elections are plain... free for running of all on all positions and for 2 positions.
The second elections will have that rule apply ;-)
You all voted for having the rules go to the next game, so now thats what you have from it :p

We're not stupid, we KNOW the rule will apply for term 2 onwards. The question was merely one of whether it would apply for the first elections. To which the answer is NO. N...O, two words, see?? SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE??????
>puff<

*puffback*
it could have been interpreted differently...
* slap with the constitution *
and im free to say what i want!

btw:
did you all have youself checked for sanity, or how do you know you are not stupid? maybe you are, maybe i am. it just depends on the point of view ;-)

btw2:
i just wanted to get it clear...

btw3:
*roleplay, dont take for real*
you must understand i will in future often add summary posts to just get the people involved, as many only seem to read the last post they see instead of the conversation chain :p

I think most everyone here has it the way I would interpret it.

In game 2, there are no incumbents in Term 1. Wide open elections for President.

The 2nd game is a brand new game. Why do some want to hold on to their power? :)

I agree with Bill.

Top Bottom