Elegy of the Sheaim

Diamondeye

So Happy I Could Die
This is the Elegy of the Sheaim, the harbingers of Armageddon. And I am Os-Gabella, the immortal to lead them to this last, final achievement.

Someone has enforced the Compact. I suspect the Archangel, Cassiel. Nevertheless, even without the help of the Infernal, the Sheaim will set Erebus on fire. Those who try to stop us will end on the Pyre, one and all. Thus is the will of I, Os-Gabella. And my will is law.

The first Mark on the surface of Erebus. Iristad, I will call it. It will be the home of a scourge never before seen. The age of Fire is gone. The age of Ice is begining to loose it's grip on the world. Now comes the age of Agony. And this era will last forever. Thus is the goal of the Sheaim.

For now, we remain weak in body despite our overwhelming strength of will. Still, not much strength is needed to have the local tribes bow before us. Already, the nearby tribe of nomads have been scared off the Sheaim soil, leaving behind their gold to distract my warriors. For now they can run, for we will catch them later. And then there shall be no mercy. Besides, we can use the gold now and their corpses later.

I am growing a habit of torturing the locals. They have all kind of useful items and knowledge in their possession. Besides, it is great practice until we meet our real tests; the other survivors of the age of Ice. They are out there, waiting for us, plotting against us like we plot against them. And some of them will have the audacity to stand up against a plan dictated by an immortal. They will face the same fate as those local villagers. We will take from them everything. Gold, information, hopes, families and lives.

They have told me of a graveyard not too far from here. Perhaps this will hold more usable items? Whether it is weapons, golden coin, ancient knowledge or, most likely, dead bodies, they will be usable by the Sheaim.

Interesting. My scouts have reported that they have found the tomb of the god of Life, Succellus. This is indeed useful. Whatever magics left in the old building will bow to the overpowering will of the Sheaim and serve our purpose, or be destroyed.

"As the scouts neared the large tomb, wild animals appeared from all sides. The scouts quickly gathered and fought off the wolves. Then, as fast as they had come, the beasts left again. The scouts looked around. Around them were dozens of dead wolves, and a few fallen of their own kin. Shrugging, the leader nodded and grabbed a dead wolf. The meat would be ruined by tomorrow, why not use the opportunity to get something to eat?

He only frowned slightly when one of the most fanatic of the young scouts bowed over one of the dead Sheaim bodies and loosened his knife. Several of the other scouts looked at the man as he cut upon the chest. Ignoring the blood, The man broke the ribs and reached in with the knife, pulling out the heart. He proclaimed that it would grant him the strength of it's former owner before beginning to eat it. The scout leader watched as one of the other scouts kneeled over the other fallen scout and repeated the ritual. Whether the heart strengthened the scouts or not, he had no idea. He was more concerned at what would await them inside the tomb of the dead god."

-Elegy of the Sheaim, Year 6.

Sheaim, eh? Nice to see them in action.

OOC: Yeah, my first time playing them. I was very inspired by Oz' Auric game and thought I'd write my own. Playing Sheaim with Compact Enforced (and double changes to AC) seemed fitting! Wish me luck and no Clan or Hippus nearby :p

OOC: Yeah, my first time playing them. I was very inspired by Oz' Auric game and thought I'd write my own. Playing Sheaim with Compact Enforced (and double changes to AC) seemed fitting! Wish me luck and no Clan or Hippus nearby :p

What level are you playing at?

"The Sheaim warriors stared in amazement at the large golemlike birds circling around the Pristine Peak. Luckily, the Gargoyles did not attack. Nevertheless, the Warriors knew they might not be as lucky on their way home. Still, they continued. The Graveyard was close, and Os-Gabella had ordered them to inspect it. The leader of the band lowered his head to the lands ahead. He looked at the others, before ordering them on. Standing and adoring those killing birds made of stone would not enlarge their chances of survival. He wondered what dangers were ahead. His scouts had reported of wild animals, beasts larger than even the strongest man, with brown pelts. He suspected the pack of bears to be close, and decided to alter the route to the southeast, just to be sure they did not run into the main pack of the bears."

-Elegy of the Sheaim, Year 009

OOC: Monarch. Should be doable, despite a nasty surprise coming now...

You should do better than me in that regard. Because I'm insane my last forays into FFH have been on Deity :rolleyes:

That nasty surprise... for your sake, I hope it's not Charadon. He's worse than the Clan or the Hippus.

"In the year twelve after the founding of Iristad, the Sheaim made their first important discoveries. To be more precise, they had invented a way to grow the plants normally scarcely scattered by nature in crop fields, making it possible to feed many more people on the small amount of cleared land available to them.

But more important, the Sheaim discovered their first rivals. The Ljosalfar, elves of the Summer, under the leadership of a certain Amelanchier, these newfound people were naturally opponents to the Sheaim cause, praising life and the woods, even the dead god Sucellus whose tomb the Sheaim would soon defile. The Sheaim knew that peace could not last long, and appreciated the strife to come."

-Elegy of the Sheaim, Year 12.

I love reading these things. But, if i might offer a suggestion... Could you edit your screenshots so they only show the relevant parts of the story and are a bit smaller as a result? I think it makes for a better presentation.

I love reading these things. But, if i might offer a suggestion... Could you edit your screenshots so they only show the relevant parts of the story and are a bit smaller as a result? I think it makes for a better presentation.

I was actually considering this, but thanks. You are not the first to tell me I need to crop my photos, I'm just sooo lazy and only have MS Paint. Will do in the next episodes, promise :)

OOH this should be fun. I've never played FFH.

Why no give paint.net a whirl - it's free and damn good.

http://www.getpaint.net/

About
Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins.
It started development as an undergraduate college senior design project mentored by Microsoft, and is currently being maintained by some of the alumni that originally worked on it. Originally intended as a free replacement for the Microsoft Paint software that comes with Windows, it has grown into a powerful yet simple image and photo editor tool. It has been compared to other digital photo editing software packages such as Adobe® Photoshop®, Corel® Paint Shop Pro®, Microsoft Photo Editor, and The GIMP.

Beware of Amelanchier. I have found him to be triggerhappy and difficult to defend against in the early stages because of two-move elves in your forests.

When can we expect the Ashen Veil to be founded? ;)

@Anomander Rake: Thanks, I might take a look at that!

Beware of Amelanchier. I have found him to be triggerhappy and difficult to defend against in the early stages because of two-move elves in your forests.

When can we expect the Ashen Veil to be founded? ;)

As soon as I have the time to play some more :mwaha:

Your starting position rather sucks...

Your starting position rather sucks...

Oh, like, Tundra between Amelanchier, Pristine Pass and mountains? I've seen worse. The lands towards the elves look nice, perhaps I could go and grab some of that...

Will continue the game shortly, when I've done my SG duties!

Today a messenger has brought me a rare bit of good news - the warparty to the northeast have found what the messenger describes to be "a strange, sharp light, seemingly radiating from a circle on the ground". I do not doubt that what my scouts have found is the prison of Brigit the Shining, the Ring of Carcer."

When I can manage to free her, I would have an immortal under my command. Either she will serve to bring Armageddon to this world even faster, or I can test whatever experimental annihilation rites I come up with, on her. It is fortunate that the Sheaim found this place as the first."

Top Bottom