Elemental: War of Magic (Stardock's fantasy game) announced!

In general I think civ 5 is a great game that is hurt by the computer being really stupid in the new tactical combat.

The computer seems to work very well in the bug picture. I remember two computer players walking over half a continent and putting cities next to me to block me from resources when I was doing to well.

But it is to bad that building four horsemen and declaring war will defeat any opponent.

Its aimed at DLC and also at the splitting of game content into several extension, even if all concepts are already in, which is the case, for example, in EU/HoI/Civ..........etc.

I do get game corporation actually do need to pump out some cash, or we'll continue this endless cycle of destruction/creation of game creator firms. Which is not positive for gaming in general.

What I don't like is the way they use to actually get the cash, but I guess modern day piracy requires them to act that way. (ie : just type 'game crack' using google) :)

PS : I'm quite sure my english is not good enougth to have a prolonged discussion other serious economical matters :) Hope someone actually get what I'm talking about....

I hate DLC's. That is why I will wait until Civ 5 Goty editon with all the expansions and dlc's in one package...and all the mods developed.

Yes, as I get older I get more patient don't have to get the games right now.
Also I was just downloading FFH2 last night and that will probably last me for a long while.

My wife preordered Elemental as a gift to me, I couldn't even play the game because of technical issues (constant crashes after turn 200). But I must say what a turd. Brad Wardell should be ashamed of himself after the things he said on the Stardock forums where I had been following the progress of the game. He tried to showcase it as a fun game. It was glaringly obvious after the first 50 turns that it was a bug ridden mess with no clear game designing direction.

The strategic aspect was a mess, you had no clear idea of your economy or could do hard number crunching as some of your resources didn't show up at all (like gold mines)

The tactical combat was so simplistic I was already wishing for Heroes of Might and Magic I tactical feel. You just waited until the enemy came to you (which he always did, even if you were on the attack) and shot arrows at him and cast spell on his troops until he came into striking range of your melee units and all the units felt the same because of badly implemented special abilities that were thrown into the game as an afterthought. The spells are bland and boring and the quest system leaves nothing to be desired.

Stay clear of that game until maybe after both expansions, then I will see if someone has managed to whip Brad's baby into shape

I was simply hoping that I wasn't correcting an alt of Kael on the forum, which would be the ultimate shaming action.

But thanks for the link. When I red Brad's declaration a few days ago (yesterday?) about a new Producer, I suspected Kael, since that one had announced no plan whatsoever regarding Civ V.

I am so glad I was right. If somebody can turn Elemental into the great game it was supposed to be, it's Kael. He's bold, he's creative. He doesn't let "convention" stop him.

Holy living $%#$%$#^%#&%^&, did not see this coming at all.

Hopefully this means good things for Elemental.

I'm leaning 90% towards buying Elemental, and forgetting Civ V ever came out.

Edit: No Im not, although the reason has been edited out.

Moderator Action: Due to the successful derailment of this thread i've deleted now 35 spam posts.
If i infracted everyone, who has participated in the spamfest and/or has used foul language/triggered the autocensor, i'd have enough work for a half hour and everybody involved would probably get a 10 days ban due to the accumulation of violations.
So now, a warning: No off topic discussion anymore. Every off topic post after this post will get hit harder than normal.

Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

So, about that Elemental game, huh? I hear it's a super-cool game, eh. That new global mana pool sure does sound spiffing. It says great things about a dev team when they're not afraid to rewrite a game's entire core game mechanics from the ground up. Yup.

Wait a minute! If I'm posting a post that is on the topic of the thread, but the thread itself is off-topic for this sub-forum... It's a trap!

So, yeah, I hear this elemental game is made by a guy named Brad wardell. I wonder what kind of fella he is.

So, yeah, I hear this elemental game is made by a guy named Brad wardell. I wonder what kind of fella he is.

I'm told he is the Elemental-announcing type of fantasy guy from Stardock who tends to ban users from his forum if they dare speak unwell about him.

Well, thus far Elemental hasn't been quite sure of itself, and liked to make promises.

Perhaps elemental will now take some direction with a dedicated Design Production manager?

I do not exactly have "faith" in any unproven projects ... at this point in time ... however Kael has done good things for 4X. Therefore it would be interesting, for me as a potential consumer/modder, to see how Kael does in his new environment.

Assuredly, the 1.1 version of Elemental has seen a lot of man-hours invested into it (even if none were coding) before Kael stepped in ... yet it seems that Kael may be judged on the success or failure of 1.1 . It is almost like a new President coming into office.

However ... this time, the new President is stepping in during the transition from loose confederacy ... to perhaps something more like a republic. So no the new president (kael) didn't enact the change in format, but he has been appointed by the previous leader (frogboy) to rule this new government.

Personally, I'm looking forward to two things, and I am under no illusion that they will be one and the same. First, in the short-term I am looking forward to 1.1. Hopefully 1.1 will be a step in the right direction ... at least in the realm of combat. Second, in the short-term I am looking forward to hearing about Kael's career, and his impact on Elemental. Hopefully he will continue to go by his tried and true game design and production philosophy, which led to a very successful 0.41 version of FFH2.

(the last time I mention this. We had a conversation about china. I remember PPQ_Purple being part of it, but who else? Please PM me, I want to continue this insightful discussion)

I can't believe he did what he did. That post took so long to assemble and he just deletes it like that. He completely put me off the whole conversation.

So I just don't care about it any more.

I can't believe he did what he did. That post took so long to assemble and he just deletes it like that. He completely put me off the whole conversation.

So I just don't care about it any more.

Don't take it so bad, just send him a PM so he could send that post back to you. He did the same to me, so we could put back together the biggest post, and start up again from there. I was really getting interested! :king:

Top Bottom