Elementary School Students Reportedly Taught Songs Praising President Obama

Is it right for a teacher to teach students songs that praise the President?

• Yes

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 45 68.2%

• Total voters
How to Indoctrinate Elementary School kids 101.

Here is song 2, with my thoughts on it in parentheses.

Hello, Mr. President we honor you today!
For all your great accomplishments, we all doth say "hooray!"
(What if someone doesn't think he has great accomplishments?)

Hooray, Mr. President! You're number one!
The first black American to lead this great nation!
(Does it matter hes black? He isn't even fully black is they wanna talk about race. His mom is white ans his dad is black. It doesn't matter to me but it does to the people who taught the kids this song I guess. It's like the person who taught these kids this song think that Obama being black is like some plus to his awesomeness, when it isn't. It doesn't matter what color you are in my opinion.)

Hooray, Mr. President we honor your great plans
To make this country's economy number one again!
(Our economy is still number one, though it has taken a hit. He isn't the Savior, like the person who made these songs for these kids seems to think)

Hooray Mr. President, we're really proud of you!
And we stand for all Americans under the great Red, White, and Blue!
(What if someone isn't proud of him? And doesn't like him?)

So continue ---- Mr. President we know you'll do the trick
So here's a hearty hip-hooray ----

Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!
Hip, hip hooray!

It seems to me that the OP has a double-standard going on.

It isn't fighting nearly as hard against "under god" as against the Obama songs.

I think I'll withhold judgement on the veracity of the news article until a real news source (i.e. AP, Reuters) confirms it.

I object to this less than the fact that we have "Under God" in our pledge. And the fact that we have to say the pledge.

EDIT: I still object though.

This reminds me of 1940's Germany.

No kidding, wow! Obama isn't leader of the Nazi party, but this is still scary. People are praising Obama like they're part of a brainwashed cult. He's only been president for 9 months and there's already crazy cult-like indoctrinating songs about him in our schools.

I'd be pissed if my child went to that school. I don't care what president they're singing about, it's just wrong. We should be smart and experienced enough in 2009 to know that this isn't tolerable.

The mainstream media won't be reporting this until they can put a positive spin on it, like it's a good thing.

How about this one:

Link to video.

Where's all the lefties that were claiming that only the right were calling Obama the Anointed One, or the Messiah? We are now seeing the reasons why the right was giving him those nicknames.

My first thought.

Like I said, the leftist news media won't be mentioning this until they can put a positive leftist spin on it. Look at how much coverage the ACORN scandal got from them. You wouldn't haven even known about it.

I know what they're gonna say: The video was unauthorized and it's posting is a clear attempt by right-wing racists to smear Obama's name just 9 months into his presidency.

This is disturbing. I laughed at the liberal's reactions on this speech.

If these were songs praising Bush, the left would be out with the pitchforks. (Then again, I can't think of any person in their right mind that would actually make a song praising Bush. ;) )

All the kids on CFC sing the Ecofarm song, right? You can't stop superhuman charisma. Don't be a hater.

It seems to me that the OP has a double-standard going on.

It isn't fighting nearly as hard against "under god" as against the Obama songs.

I think I'll withhold judgement on the veracity of the news article until a real news source (i.e. AP, Reuters) confirms it.
Why am I not focusing on the Under God thing?

The reason: This thread is not about that.

Like I said, the leftist news media won't be mentioning this until they can put a positive leftist spin on it. Look at how much coverage the ACORN scandal got from them. You wouldn't haven even known about it.

I know what they're gonna say: The video was unauthorized and it's posting is a clear attempt by right-wing racists to smear Obama's name just 9 months into his presidency.
I agree. Same thing with ACORN happened.
This is disturbing. I laughed at the liberal's reactions on this speech.

If these were songs praising Bush, the left would be out with the pitchforks. (Then again, I can't think of any person in their right mind that would actually make a song praising Bush. ;) )
I agree.

French, don't forget my song. You posted without it, twice, in a row! :(

No kidding, wow! Obama isn't leader of the Nazi party, but this is still scary. People are praising Obama like they're part of a brainwashed cult. He's only been president for 9 months and there's already crazy cult-like indoctrinating songs about him in our schools.

I'd be pissed if my child went to that school. I don't care what president they're singing about, it's just wrong. We should be smart and experienced enough in 2009 to know that this isn't tolerable.

The mainstream media won't be reporting this until they can put a positive spin on it, like it's a good thing.

How about this one:

Link to video.

Where's all the lefties that were claiming that only the right were calling Obama the Anointed One, or the Messiah? We are now seeing the reasons why the right was giving him those nicknames.
Wow, is that video for real?
That's pretty crazy using young kids in stuff like this.

FCF, most of the people on in this thread are not interested in discussing this issue with you. They have no excuse for what is shown in the video so they are distracting you by mindlessly toying with you instead of addressing the OP.

The truth is they are appalled, and that scares them.

I do believe these fanatics are copyright infringing though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08iomNFrzU4

Top Bottom