Eliminate Religious Units?

SCBrain

Chieftain
I play on an iPad because it’s nice to lean back while playing.

I have a game now where the other civs are sending wave after wave of apostles to my cities and I realized I don’t really want to play this anymore as a result. They are ruining Civ6 for me. The Greeks rejected my request to stop; the Spaniards agreed but converted my cities anyway. They are attacking my units in my borders. It’s just lame and the only recourse is permanent war.

When I played Civ2, I used to change the properties of the units in a .txt file. Is there an equivalent file in Civ6, such that I could make the missionaries, etc., impossible to build, or only possible after Future Tech 10? There would be religions and passive spread via trade, but no attacks. The AI wouldn’t waste resources because the units would not be available.

Is it possible to access such a file, if it exists, on an iPad?

Just turn off religious victory while setting up a game, it should prevent folks from spamming religious units. Banning religion-heavy civs from random leader pool can help as well.

The AI knows very little about the victory conditions so switching RV off makes no difference!

Usually true... I had one game lately where several AIs scored prophets without founding a religion (not a ringing endorsement of the AI) so only Mali was actually playing the game... But yeah, a lot of the time you can usually let the AI play religion and concentrate on other win conditions...

Go to war & pillage all their holy sites to cripple their faith output. No faith = no ability to spam religious units.

Top Bottom