1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Eliminating Inflation?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by MythrianXeras, Jun 5, 2020.

1. MythrianXeras

MythrianXeras Chieftain

Hey all,

Does anyone know how one might go about messing with the inflation mechanic in civ IV or how it might be changed/fixed in some way? I'm looking at doing a long-term playthrough to just see how the world develops, but the rising inflation is killing any ability I have to play the game past 2050 without everything being too expensive to maintain. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how to remedy it?

Thus far, I've played with the XML file to set the value to 0 and started a new game, but the changes seem to have failed because I'm still seeing inflation rates (around 8% in 120 BC). Do I need to increase the number to reduce the inflation effect, or is there some other catch?

2. 6K Man

6K Man Bureaucrat

Perhaps tweak the Federal Reserve event, which reduces the inflation rate?

3. Lemon Merchant

Lemon Merchant Disinterested Observer Moderator

I would ask this question in the modding forum. Inflation can definitely be modded. I can't remember how ATM, but someone in the modding section would be able to tell you, I am sure.

4. MythrianXeras

MythrianXeras Chieftain

Alrighty, I'll try that, my experiments are not going well lmao