1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

EltNESII: Elephant Heaven

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Eltain, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

I approve of diplomacy, even this early, but don't bother with this To and From stuff. Just have your character say it.

'Bill raised his eyebrow. "Nay, I think the cows are far too valuable to trade for ore. In the long run, will they not provide us with more food than they would be worth in nuggets?" BILL KICKS EVERYBODY IN THE GROIN.'

Is more appropriate. *whip*

Karalysia, you're in reserve, meaning you'll be added after a while.

2. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

Why? What does that mean? And how long is awhile? Personally I am outraged. Just outraged I tell you.

3. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Well, I was thinking because you were the 8th, but I realized I said 3-10 originally. Plus, your character is crazy. Unreserved, because I thought I had said 3-7. Sorry about that. (I am sorry to hear that you are outraged.)

4. Haseri

Haseri Emperor

Yeah, havin' a leader sounds like a good idea.

5. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

Well I was just messing with you. ;) It's all good as long as I can kill someone.

This is the finest compliment.

6. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

1st Lime - 811 DC - Update One

Day 1: The group of 8 arrives at the camp site, to find someone has already dug a small cave for them. How polite and proper of them.

Day 2-4: The group spends some time doing pansy things like getting to know eachother. Cue spotlight of descriptions of each dwarf!

Northen Wolf is a short, fat dwarf with a red beard and a stern brow. He always carries his large bronze axe with him wherever he goes, though he has not claimed to have any proficiency with it.

Urist Mcflabergast is an equally short and fat dwarf, with very little beard. He tells a good story if requested, but only to a group of 5 or more, around the everburning fire place just outside the cave entrance. He goes crosseyed when he really gets into a story, and he's not very smart. Lifting heavy loads is what he's good at.

Haseri McDoctorstein is a tall, skinny female dwarf with a long, curly black beard. She's a bit scary to some of the other dwarve, as she carries a bone saw around with her. It's both made of bone, and used for cutting bone. How it stays intact, even the best craftsdwarf of her city could not tell you.

Wilhelm Fvedder is an extremly tall and lanky dwarf with a thick brown beard that starts growing at his eyebrows. He's claimed to be learned in the arts of building design and archetecture, though he has yet to prove his worth. He has the air of a politician, although his awkward build makes it hard for others to take him seriously.

Sir Edward "The Little Longbowman that can shoot over the Channel" Hanover, or Ed, as everyone calls him, is also an unfortunately tall, charismatic dwarf, with a powerful beard and bulging neck veins. His need for gambling has already lost him his pet Cobra and snake food to Mcflabbergast's cats in a game of Dwarfer.

Gelion "The Quiet", is the shortest, fattest, manliest dwarf with the widest beard you'll ever see. His tiny, black, beady eyes made him highly attractive to the dwarf women back home, and rumors have spread about him having sired forty children in one sitting.

Nailadar Firestout is a soldier, born and true. His skills as a miner and smith are overlooked by the group, as he has armor. He's short and fat, but with very little beard, making him appear unwise or unskilled.

Alexis Gray is slightly taller than your average dwarf, with a long, firey red beard, and an intellect to match. She's a hunter/tracker/assassin by trade, and wouldn't have it any other way.

Day 5: The group starts talking about what they will do, and talk of electing a leader of sorts has started.

----

No food or alcohol consumed this week. (First Update)

7. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

NOTHING INTERESTING HAPPENED THIS TURN. That is because I did not ask for orders.

But now I am. Orders:

post them here, i'd prefer that to PM, but if you really want to or have secret stuff (who knows), PM is fine. NO NEW MAP FOR YOU GUYS YET.

You can get these in by wednesday Dec 1st, and I will not update without you. However, if you go past that date, I will just make you do some random thing for the benefit of the settlement, with no gain to your character.

If I get all orders before then, I will update sooner. Happy NESing.

NOTE: Descriptions are generated by the stats. Don't hate if you don't like the way you look, that's how you were born. Uggo.

8. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

To: Mr. Mcflabbergast
    From: Sir Edward "The Little Longbowman that can shoot over the Channel" Hanover

How unfortante would it be if your cats were taken from you? Would you be depressed,lonley, vengful to the one whom took them from you? This is what I fell with Daggar (The Cobra). I would not like to see your wonderful cats stolen from you, so I'd like the favor returned.

9. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

Northen

Decisions
    Northen Wants a Still - drink is good. More drink is even more good.
    Northen Wants a place to sleep, own room, private room, far away from others and annoying sounds.
    Northen wants a field. Field now. Field means carry stuff. Northen earn money by carrying stuff Money is good., that means Carrying stuff is good. Even if there is no real money. Fictional money still good.
    Northen not care who leads us. Northen care that he has stuff to carry.

Northen Orders

1) Northen wants to carry stuff - Northen carries stuff for others.
    2) Northen wants a field - Northen attempts to build a field once suitable soil is found.

10. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

OOC: Omega, for the record, you would never get your cobra in the first place, even if it weren't for his cats. 1: you lost them in a game of poker, 2: you had more than the 3 items I said to pick.

11. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

A message was found posted to random tree's, and cave walls by the dwarfs:
    The message was left unsigned, who could this random stranger be?

12. Nailix

Nailix Damn!

Orders:

Minor Actions -
    1. Explore the cave for suitable ore for mining/crafting.
    2. Ask Northen to help me carry tools/equipment.

Major Action -
    Begin construction of a mining cart & tracks to help mine the cave to open space, get materials and begin crafting; tools, weapons, armor, etc.

13. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Hmmm, disregard this post. It's funnier this way.

14. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

Orders:

Major Action:

-Create lair. Yes that's right a lair rather than a shelter. I shall establish my lair somewhat separate from others, but close to the tavern/inn or closest to the nearest alcohol supply. The lair shall be created from the corpses of dead animals/humans/dwarves. Yes you heard me right. The structure shall be constructed out of bones and skulls, and the interior decorated in skinned humans/animals/ and so forth. Some stuffed heads shall also be mounted on the wall to lend the place a certain ambiance and class. Booby traps to deal with trespassers shall be set up largely of sharpened poisoned stakes made out of bone or wood or what not that only I shall be aware of. I imagine as a hunter my character she should know how to work with bones and skin and such.

Upon completion my lair should resemble this:
    Spoiler :

That is all. No other task is important other than procuring necessary food and drink and biological functions. Everything shall be subordinate to the creation of my lair. Arbeit macht frei.

Edited:

Minor Action

-Procure Goblin bone sword, and Goblin bone helmet from communal items. Wear them. I will look badass.

-Procure woodcutting axe, and mining pick to use as tools in construction of my lair.

15. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

Orders
    Minor
    Wants a cage for each of his cats

Major
    Wants to catch animals, Urist begins work on trap mechanisms, hoping someoene will eventually build a cage.

16. Haseri

Haseri Emperor

Haseri's minor actions:

1) Beat small animals to death with the anaesthesia stick and share the food amongst the group. Pansy-ish, I know, but if we want to be able to experiment on people later, we need to gain their trust first.

Major actions

"Oi, Firestout. Hollow me out a room for doctorin'. Make sure it's got a rock table for me to operate on, and a warm corner for me to sleep in. If you do, I'll try to remember to consider knocking you out before operating on you."

17. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

1 - (minor) - Take a goblin skull helm and sword

2 - (major) - Fashion a little cave-hut for myself. The most awesome cave-hut.

18. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Now might be a good time to point you all to the "Communal Items" section of the front page. (which has been there since your stats got put up)

Cheifly, you all have food already.

19. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

I have edited my orders to account for them.

20. Nailix

Nailix Damn!

I hollow cave for everyone Haseri! Everyone need a hallow cave, I help you after mine cart is finished lad!