1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

EltNESII: Elephant Heaven

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Eltain, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Actions

Minor:
    1. Find a Pet Cobra, name him "Daggar"
    2. Find Food for the Cobra

Major:
    Build an Archery Range

2. Luckymoose

Luckymoose The World is Mine

Name: KRAYNOR THE CANNIBAL
    Player: Luckymoose
    Skills: Fighting
    Profession: Axedwarf
    Items: Pants and a Battleaxe

Fill me in on how this NES works. I just read like DF and posted.

3. Fulton

Fulton King

Still room to join? Throw me in with the next migrant wave

Full Name:Urist McHauler (female)
    Skills: Negotiator, Judge of Intent, Comedian
    Preferred profession: Hauler.
    Items: clothes, baby in sling, dwarf cheese, anvil

4. Nailix

Nailix Damn!

@Fulton - You can only have 3 items and there is a communal Anvil so you don't need that.

5. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

Heh I know what was here cause I thought of it too...will probably join

Full Name: Rigt Carver (male)
    Skills: carpentry, blunt weapons
    Profession: Carpenter (duh)
    Items: clothes, large hammer, small bag of carpentry tools

Whenever new arrivals come.

6. Nailix

Nailix Damn!

Orders edited due to no need to 'find food & alcohol'.

7. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Please roll me some stats, i'll create the character based on that.

8. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

No, doesn't work like that. Sorry. Start as a skillless nobody, it'll be easier to adjust to your stats that way.

Luckymoose: make a dude, build censored, kill some elves.

9. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Last chance, Gelion. The update is already written, but I have to go somewhere til about 10 EST. Not like it'll kill your character if you don't post orders, I'll just have him do some random chore.

EDIT: Yes, always room to join, Fulton. All of the new characters already have stats, but have not migrated yet.

EDIT2:Fulton: What's the baby's name? Boy/girl? For game purposes, it's age will be 0 at the date you arrive.

10. Omega124

OOC: I only got the joke a few seconds ago if I'm right, but this is named after Boatmurdered, right??

11. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

2nd Lime - 811 DC - Update Two

The week starts off with Wilhelm combing his moustache furiously, and gaining a few inches of moustache.

He and Nailadar start mining extensions to the cave system, herein called the Firestout-Fvedder Cave System (FFCS), and successfully dig a small hispital and two multipurpose rooms, one claimed by Wilhelm himself and another by Northen, who had said originally that he wanted one.

Nailadar fails to create his mine cart, as he doesn't have the appropriate materials.

No ores suitable for anything were found in the cave, though a few large rocks

Gelion (NPC) borrows one of the communal axes, and begins chopping wood for the group, successfully bringing in 6 alder logs by the end of the week.

The stone mined from the FFCS extensions is used to create several small stone mechanisms by Mcflabbergast. Alexis Gray takes advantage of this, and builds several small Stone Fall Traps (SFTs) and places them near or around the perimeter of the camp area, where she has claimed her own secretive lair. A small collection of bones and animal skulls have appeared there, creeping many of the dwarves out.

Northen spends most of his time carrying rocks and bones around for various dwarves, and flattens himself out a nice little field north of the cave mouth. Wolf Field, this place is called.

Doctor McDoctorstein, overjoyed at her request being fulfilled, celebratorily beats several defenseless hedgehogs to death with her Doctoring Cane, as the others have deemed it.

Ed builds an archery range far above the cave system, where he and countless others will practice their amazing archery skills.

----

A leader is not yet elected by the dwarves, as the subject seems to have been dropped.

The entire group, (save for Northen and Wilhelm, whom have their own rooms) sleep in the comfort of the large, public, cold main room of the cave. They all sleep on the hard, cold, rock floor, however.

----

40 food is consumed (40 plump helmets)
    8 alcohol is consumed (8 ale)

----

Rumors of goblin raiders in the northwest circulate. A dwarf settlement was attacked, and their alcohol reserves almost stolen, before the attackers were driven off. It is estimated that they will arrive here by the 4th Lime, in two weeks.

12. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

Maps:

black: solid rock
    brown: ramps
    white: outside rooms
    grey: inside rooms

Rooms:
    1- Wilhelm's room
    2: Northen's room
    3: Hospital
    4: Main room

orange: field
    brown: elevation overlay.
    green: thin forest.
    black dot: entrance to cave
    black lines: ramp

AR: Archery Range

Wee00t stats done. Send yo goddum orders in and write some stories, and start some discussions. If you want.

EDIT: I guess no one cares, but orders are due friday, update will be posted friday or saturday.

13. Abaddon

Abaddon Deity

Are you limiting the number of players? I see the term "reserve" banded around...

14. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

I require the services of a miner, contact me for details.

15. Northen Wolf

Northen Wolf Young Hunter

Northen Thinks
    Northen Wants beer. Beer is good - beer can be carried around, beer can be used to get rid of thirst, carrying beer makes money, making beer makes seeds. Northen Wants a still

Northen has room, but has no bed. Northen Wants a carpentry Shop, so he could have a bed.

Northen has a room, but it is not defended. Northen Wants Traps.

Northen thinks that having a field is good - field can produce food, cloth and even beer. But to do that - field needs workers.

Northen Orders

1. Attempt to make a carpentry shop
    2. Work on fields

Northen Diplo

To: Alexis Gray

Northen likes traps. Northen Likes traps killing enemies. Northen likes carrying stuff of dead enemies. Northen thinks more traps is needed. Northen Likes traps.

-------------------

NORTHEN CARES, NORTHEN DOES NOT WANT HIS LIFE TO BE ENDED. NORTHEN THINK HIS LIFE WELL WRITTEN. NORTHEN THANKS THE WRITER. NORTHEN THINKS HE HAS HAD ONE TOO MANY BEERS AND IS TALKING TO HIMSELF. NORTHEN FEELS URGE TO ENGRAVE SOMETHING.

Northen attempts to polish and engrave a floor tile. This is a poor quality engraving. There are many dwarves engraved on this floor tile. There is a godly creature engraved on this tile. Dwarves are working. Dwarves are looking up. Godly creature is smiling. This picture represents founding of [InsertFortNameHere] on 1st of the Lime, in the year [insert Year Here] by 8 dwarves. There is a cheese hidden on this picture.

16. RPAdvantage

RPAdvantage Warlord

what about my cat breeding? I should have been adopted about 19 more times now

17. Omega124

It says I got mice in the stattd, but did I get the Cobra?

18. Eltain

Eltain Emperor

@Abaddon: Nope, number of players is not limited. Have you ever played Dwarf Fortress? Those in "Reserve" will arrive as immigrants come Immigrant time, or as I see fit before that.

@Rp: You didn't mention breeding cats in your orders.

@Omega: Nope, no snake yet. Snakes is rare, man.

@Northen: I'm not in charge of naming things, but the year is 811 DC (Dwarf Calendar). Engraving things is going to be hard to mark on the map, whoo! EDIT: What about the fields need work? Planting your mushrooms? (No plump helmet spawns yet)

19. Lord of Elves

Lord of Elves Suede-Denim Secret Police

Wilhelm Fvedder's Orders
    Action 1 - (Major) - Begin the digging of a mineshaft so we can get more materials to build stuff.

Action 2 - (Minor) - Attempt to finish carving out my cave-home. Make it less hut-like and more proper for a discerning Dwarf.

20. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

"Well Northern" said Alexis, "I would of course set some traps for you, if you assist me in my little project, you see I need someone to excavate an underground section connected to the main cave/tunnel from my lair, if you do that, then I will set those traps. Oh and before I take you to my lair I need you to wear a blindfold."