1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Elucidia Resigns

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Bootstoots, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

Elucidia has announced today that they will be resigning from the MSDG. CivGeneral and I were there to discuss this, as Veera could not get in the chatroom and no other officials from our team were present. We have reached this agreement:

-We vow to cooperate with Poly to destroy GCA
    -We will receive all CDG techs and gold
    -Apolyton is to receive all 3 remaining Elucidian cities
    -All tech deals and treaties with Apolyton will stand
    -This deal is to be kept secret from GCA.

This deal will come into effect when Elucidia passes the save on and resigns, in around 1 hour. If any official who is in a position to contradict this (such as the President, FA leader, CDG ambassador, or Apolyton ambassador) does so before the save is passed on, the deal will be retracted.

UPDATE: They have offered us the techs and gold, all we need to do now is accept them.

UPDATE2: They have ceded two cities to Poly, but will keep the isthmus city and fight delaying actionsfor about 5 turns until Poly can get a few units there to take it over.

2. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Somebody get the Court and FortyJ in here, quick. I think this constitutes a national emergency. If Vander will authorize FortyJ to do so, we can accept this deal.

However, until then, it holds no legal status with Fanatikou.

3. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Systems of Vekta
    What are we going to do with the refugies that are willing to continue the MSDG?

4. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Warlord Super Moderator

Accept them, of course (that is if Vander wants them in ;))

5. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Well, its time to open up the Immagration post. Now where should we put our version of Ellis Island ;).

6. Vander

Vander Privateering in Idaho

Well, it seems the politics of the courts have already made the deal (and good for them). As the Justice of the Court of our nation, I do not see anything wrong with this deal. However, I am concerned about what the organizations above the separate teams think of this deal.

7. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

Yes, the deal is certainly beneficial to Fanatikou, although I fear both for the citizens of Elucida and what the UN and game officials may think of the deal. It does constitute a somewhat unfair advantage to us and Apoly against CDG.
    If the UN has no qualms with this deal, then I fully support it.

And I apologize for not being at the chat: I was talking with Kentonio just fine before the chat, but just minutes before it started, my net connection went on the fritz >_<
    Honestly, it's just my luck that I get elected to a position, then have it disbanded a week later ^_^;

8. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

As long as Poly and CDG are fine with it... I'm personally fine with it. I don't like CDG leaving, but if they feel they should...

Should mongoose be contacted for refugees?

Anyway, are my eyes getting worse or is Poly going to declare war on the GCA?

If that's the case, may God have mercy upon the members of the GCA, because I won't.

9. Zarn

I agree that the UN should be contacted, but I only would if given a direct order by the president. To me it's his call, not mine.

I will keep my eyes open again for another job, too.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

I think he should search for any active partisipants at are willing to continue parisipating in the MSDG.

Why does that sound familuar, Oh yeah, I have Patton's Version of the Quote :crazyeye:.

11. Veera Anlai

Veera Anlai Southern Belle

Edit: Nevermind, apparently this deal is being kept totally secret from "The Powers that Be"

12. Octavian X

Apolytonia has sent us this more official deal. Note that we will be getting CoL and Philosophy from CDG.

APOLYTONIA AND FANATIKOU HEREBY AGREE:
    That we are brothers, bound together in our common desire to survive and prosper.
    As the world prospers most in times of peace, we wish for there to be peace
    between us. In order to ensure that peace we hereby agree to the following:
    1) There shall be no war or conflict between us. Our units shall not attack each
    other, nor shall they enter the cultural borders of the other party without
    permission. This shall be considered a Non-Aggression Pact. There shall also be a
    1-tile "buffer zone" around cultural borders. If this buffer must be breached for
    any reason, warning should be given in advance.
    1b) The galleys "Princess of Apolyton" and "Expedition" are granted access to
    coastal cultural tiles of CFC, however, neither ship may land any settler
    anywhere near the cultural borders of Fanatikou
    2) We agree to cooperate and communicate regarding any diputes over settlements
    or scouting. We agree to work out our differences in a chat, should any
    differences arise.
    3) This agreement shall last 30 turns after it is ratified by both parties. This
    agreement shall be open for renegotiation after 25 turns have passed, however the
    following terms are permanent agreements that do not expire with this treaty:
    I) We agree to secretly cooperate and jointly plan a war against the Gamecatcher
    Alliance.
    II) Apolyton shall be allowed to capture Sharharazade.
    III) CFC shall give Construction to Apolyton upon completion.
    ~_________ of Fanatikou
    ~Togas of Apolytonia

13. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

Quoting Octavian:
    1) There shall be no war or conflict between us. Our units shall not attack each
    other, nor shall they enter the cultural borders of the other party without
    permission. This shall be considered a Non-Aggression Pact. There shall also be a
    1-tile "buffer zone" around cultural borders. If this buffer must be breached for
    any reason, warning should be given in advance.

Question - How did that agreement with CDG work out in regards to the territory South of Sharharazade, by the Silks? And if there was an agreement, how does Poly fit into them?

Quoting Octavian:
    1b) The galleys "Princess of Apolyton" and "Expedition" are granted access to
    coastal cultural tiles of CFC, however, neither ship may land any settler
    anywhere near the cultural borders of Fanatikou

Sure, as long as we get a copy of their World Map every couple of turns...

Quoting Octavian:
    3) This agreement shall last 30 turns after it is ratified by both parties. This
    agreement shall be open for renegotiation after 25 turns have passed, however the
    following terms are permanent agreements that do not expire with this treaty:
    I) We agree to secretly cooperate and jointly plan a war against the Gamecatcher
    Alliance.

Not secretly cooperate and jointly plan a war....they agree to declare war against GCA.

14. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

This would certainly qualify as a gift from Elucida and thus we should not concern ourselves with consequences of receiving such gifts. Personally speaking, I'd have been much happier if they hadn't even brought us into the planning stage of this decision and just surprised us with the gifts. Now, they've essentially made APO and us partners in crime, so to speak and we should distance ourselves as much as possible from this action.

Certainly, accept the gifts, but in no way acknowledge any involvement in the planning or actual "gifting" of the items to either ourselves or Apolytonia by Elucida. This should keep our hands clean enough not to worry about possible repurcussions.

15. Zukatah

Zukatah Deathless One

Accept the gifts and accept the deal I think. We always wanted to eradicate CGA and Poly seems to be the only hope we have to survive this early war so we must cooperate with them. And I think that Elucidia should send us their world map too, that would be kind and I don't think they mind.

Sad news on a part but great news on another one. We knew Elucidia was dead so to speak so we only gained one ally in this war and we're stronger with two new techs. Not bad at all...

16. Octavian X

Is there anything else? Do we all like the proposal? If so, I believe that the danger posed by GCA constitutes an urgent matter of national security. If Vander agrees with me, and FortyJ signs the deal, than we're done. Apolyton wants to know our response.

17. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

I haven't seen anyone complaining, so go ahead and sign the deal.

18. Zarn

If Forty doesn't show, I am willing to sign it, myself to get the ball rolling. Forty seemed okay with it. Just look at his post. It's really up to Vander now. His post was more unclear. As the Foreign Minister, I urge Vander to post agreeing to the deal.

19. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

Uhmm..... we're giving Construction to them?

Why is that?

Everything else looks good, but somebody needs to explain the logic of that clause to me.

20. Cyc

Cyc Looking for the door...

You never answered my response. As usual, I must be invisible to the upper echelon here.

I also think it's pretty sucky that you people are trying to slide a Poly deal through in a CDG gift thread :rolleyes: