1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Elucidian Refugees

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by FortyJ, Aug 16, 2003.

?

What shall we do about Elucidian Refugees?

Poll closed Aug 20, 2003.
  1. [b]Open Door Policy[/b] - Let them all in...

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  2. [b]Vote One by One[/b] - Let MRex in!

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. [b]Vote One by One[/b] - No to MRex for now...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. [b]Close the Doors[/b] - Nobody gets in!

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  5. [b]Abstain[/b] - I can't decide...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

I would have made this Fireside Chat #2, but I think that title brings with it a sense of authority that I no longer possess since I've stepped down from the top office. ;)

Micaelis Rex (aka MRex) has requested asylum in our great nation. For some time now, I have been speaking with him with respect to the MSDG (admittedly, not so much lately due to my time constraints), and after their apparent demise at the hands of the Gamecatcher Alliance, I began suggesting that he consider relocating to inside our sacred lands.

I think he would be an excellent addition to our team, and it seems that the UN has ruled that since CDG has been eliminated from the game, it is safe for him and his former teammates to join other teams.

Shall we admit MicaelisRex to our team and grant him access to our secure site and forum?

<><><><><>

I have included 5 options for this poll.
    1. We should open our doors to all refugees from Elucidia.
    2. We should admit only MRex at this time. Other petitioners should be voted on individually.
    3. We should not admit MRex at this time.
    4. We should not allow any Elucidian refugees to join ever.
    5. Abstain.
    If you have no opinion either way, please vote Abstain as this vote will not count against any option. This will be considered a cumulative poll in that votes for option 1 will also count for option 2, and conversely, votes for option 4 will also count towards option 3.

<><><><>

Note: This poll will remain open for 96 hours (since it's the weekend).

2. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Blood Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I beleve we should have an open door policy regarding accepting members from the CDG. CDG is the only team that I can trust in our lands.

3. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

Foreign Affairs

Open Door Policy. They have no nation, so betrayal will not happen. Also they have been close allies.

4. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

if it werent for their sacrifice we'd be dead. Open door (nice to see those at CDG coming to CFC instead of the other way around! :evil: )

5. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

It seems to me that this poll is against CivFanatics forum rules since it specifically names a forum user. It was declared that we could not do this sort of thing by the mods when we started the MSDG.

6. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

uh, our elections mention forum users...

7. Bootstoots

Bootstoots Deity Retired Moderator

There is absolutely no good reason we should reject these refugees. I say Open Door Policy.

And mods, please don't close this thread...I'm sure nobody intended to violate any decisions and plus this isn't really causing any problems.

8. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

I think it is ok now that we let them in? Who is going to tell them they can come?

9. FortyJ

FortyJ Deity

Well, we have no definition of quorum for official polls in the MSDG, so I believe we should allow this to fully run its course. It will close in 2 days time and I will inform MRex of the results and notify TF concerning his admittance to the High Council Forum (assuming the current results hold).

Additionally, if the current results hold, and we do implement an open door policy, do we wish to advertise it? It could bring a number of new members to our team, but it could also bring a spy with them....

EDIT: To Donsig and any other members concerned about potential violations of forum rules....

The reason MRex was mentioned by name is because he was previously a member of a rival team. His previous membership in CDG's MSDG team makes his petition for membership somewhat trickier than someone who is signing up with no prior loyalties.

It was my opinion that the issue of handling these refugees was difficult, if not impossible, to decide without mentioning his name. Furthermore, if the issue arises again in the future (if, for example, Firaxis is eliminated and they wish to join our team), I believe that a similar poll may be necessary.

10. donsig

@ FortyJ: Baloney. I was already in this kind of arguement at the start of the MSDG and the word was handed down that this sort of thing was not to happen in the forums. This thread should be closed.

11. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

I disagree with donsig on this, but only for the given circumstances. If a team still exists, transfers from that team to another team should not be allowed.

CDG, however, does not exist. There is no conflict of interest here. We have an opportunity to gain a member with knowledge of the game and ought to provide a different viewpoint on things.

I vote for an open door policy.

-- Ravensfire

12. donsig

Umm, how are you disagreeing with me? The forum rule is that we must have an open door policy and that is why this thread should be closed. :rolleyes:

13. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Speaking in a moderator's voice: This thread will be closed, since it focuses on one user. If it were the group as a whole (i.e., "Do we allow CDG Refugees?"), then that is fine. My ruling is that anyone from CDG is welcome into our MSDG, as their team has been defeated. If they wish to join, they can write their name in the citizen registry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.