Email Heights

Mirc

Not mIRC!!!
HEIGHT OF TIMEPASS: A person sending email to himself.

I've done that a million times, it's a great way to quickly save something for later, to make it accessible from everywhere where there's internet... Since I have unlimited storage for free, it actually makes quite a lot of sense.

I've done that a million times, it's a great way to quickly save something for later, to make it accessible from everywhere where there's internet... Since I have unlimited storage for free, it actually makes quite a lot of sense.

Ooh, unlimited storage! Best idea ever: email yourself the entire internet, now you can access the internet anywhere you have... internet... wait, what?

I generally use that if, you know, what I'm sending isn't already on the Internet. Like a document I just made. Or a paper I just scanned. Or a music file I just recorded. Or lots of other things.

Or maybe even a link to where to find the particular object on the Internet, in case it is already there. I mean, if it takes a long time to find it, why not send myself the link in email, to access it quickly from anywhere... Isn't this the point of favorites/bookmarks anyway? I am aware that the idea of "universal favorites" has been invented, but why would I need a program or toolbar or widget for something that could be done in 20 seconds by sending myself an email?

Yes, I understand the utility of it. I do it myself sometimes. That post was just a failed attempt at funnies. :)

edit: Bah! Remove those christmas smilies already!

HEIGHT OF REPETITION: Forwarding an email to someone and receiving the same email forwarded back to you by someone in the receiving chain.

HEIGHT OF ISOLATION: Two persons sitting side by side using emails to communicate with each other.

Been there, done that

HEIGHT OF COWARDICE: Two persons fighting through emails.

Been there, done that

HEIGHT OF HELPLESSNESS: Receiving no emails for a week.

Been there, done that

HEIGHT OF FRUSTRATION: The email server being down.

Been there, done that

HEIGHT OF CARELESSNESS: Writing an intimate email and doing a 'Reply All.'

Sorta done that, it wasn't intimate, but it wasn't meant for everyone either

HEIGHT OF ACHIEVEMENT: A person sending email to a girl wanting to become friends and getting a reply.

HEIGHT OF TIMEPASS: A person sending email to himself.

Been there, done that

6/8 ain't bad

I don't understand what is going on. :(

Also I send emails to myself all the time, for the reasons Mirc stated, and also to remind myself of things.

Huh, the first post is gone?! :confused:

I thought that if the first post of a thread was deleted, the whole thread would fall into the abyss...

I did not start this thread.

Top Bottom