Embarrasing last names

NovaKart

شێری گەورە
Some embarrasing last names I've come across in the US - Butt, Bottom, Hyman, Mudd, Cox (maybe not that embarrasing)

In Turkey the worst name I've come across was eşekçalar which means donkey thief, although it could also mean donkey player which sounds even worse. I didn't actually meet this person but someone told me about it. I've also met people with the last name Şişman - fat, Çıplak - naked, Gümüşburun - silver nose (maybe not embarrasing but kind of weird).

Lots of guys in Turkey have the first name Anıl which would be embarrasing in America.

What are some embarrasing last names?

Two footballers - Danny horsehockytu and Paul Dickov.

Ahl.. first name Ann. It's not good for anything really...

"Fardy" because everyone hears "Farty" :D

That reminds me... I know someone with their last name as Faherty (Fay-er-ty) but everyone calls her Farty :lol:

Tolstoy = fat/thick in Russian
Tran

They sound similar in English but in Russian fat is толстый and Tolstoy is
Толсто́й. The first is kind of difficult to transliterate into English but I think it might be Tolsty.

Two fellas with the last names of Cumming and Cockburn joined forces and started up some sort of a company. There was an office in Waterloo, Ontario, where I went to school. I passed by the place every day and it always amused me

Yep, they named the company Cumming Cockburn

Heh, that's pretty funny. I remember reading something about how a Christian website or something had an automatic censor to replcae the word gay with homosexual. If someone had the last name gay it had some funny results, like the film starring Marcia Homosexual Harden.

In my high school we had a Ms. Old and a Ms. Young as teachers and another teacher was Ms. Toadvine.

Some odd ones in Irish

Bumpumper
Anús
Chithead (not pronounced as it reads, luckily)
Daugshid (pronounced the way you think)
Polejockey

Fukudome

Best.
Baseball.
Name.
Ever.

My own last name is semi-embarrassing - Bates.

Oh, we were always victims of jokes in junior high and high school. Family tradition.

I'm sure you can guess why.

Bonar Long

Thats the name of a business in my hometown, its named after the owner.

My own last name is semi-embarrassing - Bates.

Oh, we were always victims of jokes in junior high and high school. Family tradition.

I'm sure you can guess why.

You mean because of Psycho? I'm surprised after all this time that the name is still notorious.

I thought about it for a minute, do they say like, Master Bates?

I guess you can make a joke out of any name. My last name is a woman's name and a few times people joked about it but not much.

Yeah I thought about it for a minute but didn't see your posts before the edit. I guess I'm not as immature as you guys, my mind doesn't just go there.

Top Bottom