Embassies and stability

Chakram Bearer

Chieftain
Hi! I've recently re-discovered RFC and I have a question about embassies. Does building an embassy have any effects on stability? Embassies are available even after Electricity, when they aren't necessary anymore to keep contacts, so I wonder if they have a hidden effect.

Nothing except this, AFAIK.

Naturally you can use embassies to your benefit, such as trade resources to civs you would otherwise not maintain contact with (trading resources increases your stability), trade for technologies if you need them, etc. It's up to you though, but to do nothing is actually a drain.

You can also just forget about that sh!t. You don't really care, do you? I bet you did exceptionally well before without even knowing that.

I don't see any indication that anyone is pissed off from that post. He's just saying that the potential negative effects of building an embassy are pretty negligible, and he was the one that brought it up in the first place. Petty forum vendetta or something? :mischief:

Thank you guys. I built a couple of embassies "just in case" :)blush:) when I was in stability panic mode (but +70 economy eventually saved me). They should obsolete with Electricity, then I wouldn't have wasted those hammers. :hammer:

They are only important if you want to keep your trade routes to another civ as they disappear when you lose contact.

Resource trades do NOT get cancelled when you lose contact, so no need to build an embassy.

I find that most of the AI civs I am in contact with build embassies for me because I'm so awesome that maintaining permanent contact with me is an utmost priority for every empire in the world.

That's why I said "force" in mah first post, you don't choose whether to have an embassy or not, you're gonna have all of them anyway.

Top Bottom