1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Embassy Cavaleiros-discussion

Discussion in 'Team Mad Scientists' started by HUSch, Feb 1, 2009.

1. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Why would the WB go north? I think it is better to try to establish a trade route as soon as possible. Until that happens, we can't see what resources they have connected. That is important info.

About the info:
    It is hard to establish trust if nothing is risked. I only offered info if I was able to get something in return for it. Perhaps I am telling them more than I am getting from them, but that is a hard thing to establish. It is important that they trust us, and it is equally important that we trust them. At this point in the game, I'm not sure how else to build trust.

I'll try to be more careful in going forward.

2. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

We 'll need sailing when we 've a known coast way, perhaps you 'll count. when the time is.
    We want writing an d mona for sailing and IW. That for the annonce of Cav.
    Not sailing for AH.

+ 1 trade route is with currency.

3. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

You are correct HUSch - I thought perhaps it was different in BtS. The Great Lighthouse is was gives the extra trade route in coastal cities.

So I'm hearing resistance from HUSch about saying that we'll research Sailing next. Anyone else agree with that? I'll need to edit the letter to reflect our research path accurately.

4. topas

topas Prince

I was also leaning more towards IW before sailing, but then Cav came...

I think we should go IW first. IW we'll give us the huge gems tile. That alone makes IW more valuable than sailing (as long as we don't find a (river) TR to Cav.
    We can probaly get IW in less than 10 turns, because of growth.

5. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Oh, that gems tile makes all the difference. I hadn't considered that.

Perhaps we should send the letter and note that we are still discussion which research path to pursue:

Principe Perfeito, we share your vision for the Future!

We Mad Scientists are ready to join The Cause, enriching the Three Noble Nations: Mad Scientists, Kazakhstan, and Os Cavaleiros. We will do our part to bring a much-needed boost to our combined status in the world. Is there a formal document we should affix our seal to?... if so, please send it on over :)

We are still discussing the utility of IW compared to Sailing - but we will certainly choose one or the other to research next. We'll let you know as soon as we've made a decision.

One last thing: In order to speed exploration and contact, please describe best route for us to meet Kazakhstan - by sea or by land?

Glad to be aboard!
    Peter Grimes, Diplomat
    The Mad Scientists

EDIT: Sent 2/10/09

6. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

We really need to get a consensus on this - otherwise I'm going to be forced to handle the diplomacy without team input, and I don't think that's very wise.

We are not making a very good impression by taking so long to get back to them.

7. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Just had a quickie chat with Methos (dustem) about Anaxagoras. They founded a city, and we got bumped 1 tile to the west. Let's listen in...

dustem: you busy?

me: not too... what's up?

dustem: our new city just booted your warrior westward
    just wanted to give you the heads up

me: Gah - We were wondering if that would happen. Not too big a deal, in the long run. Do you happen to know on which tile he landed?

dustem: yes, he's on the desert tile with a desert mountain to his S, grass to his N, and forest on both W and E

me: I think I know the one you mean.. it's not a desert mountain to the south, though, right? It's a desert hill? The grassland to the north is bounded by the river on its E and W?

dustem: correct, thats the one
    you were bumped one tile west

me: That's not the end of the world. Do you guys rename your cities immediately?... we've been slow in deciding on names for ours :)

dustem: nope, this one is currently the default for now

me: Yeah, ours too. We'll get around to it one of these days!

8. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

The Treaty:
    I don't have time to even read the right now :(
    I'll get back in a few hours.

9. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

It's pretty much what I'd expect from a total alliance.

The only thing I'd be really worried about is the requirement for all teams to research at max level, but if a need develops to have one research and another do something else we can deal with it then.

10. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

The roundabout costs of the techs (without multiplyer)
    - Team Mad Scientists to give Sailing, Iron Working and Polytheism (156, 299, 156)
    - Team Cavaleiros to give Meditation, Priesthood and Monarchy (124, 93, 468)
    - Team Kazakhstan to give Hunting, Animal Husbandry, Writing and Alphabet (62, 156, 187, 468)
    In this we coudn't have reason to haggle.

But I would like to see a territory limit between our (Cav-MS) lands, best at the mountain-chaine (gap of Ana) in this treaty. I don't know; if the settling of a cav town west a hostile act in this treaty. From the discussion they know we live in the west not in the north of them.

11. topas

topas Prince

We also have hunting and half of meditation, but we certainly can't complain about this tech-deal.

Overall the treaty looks good to me.
    I have a few minor points I want to think about, but I will post them tomorrow since it's quite late...
    (territorial agreements, future tech-paths, wonder-building cooperation?)

12. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

I've had some time to think on this.

First of all, I agree that this is an excellent deal. I want to issue a formal letter of acceptance today, as long as there are no objections.

Regarding a settlement agreement, I think we should negotiate that separately from the main alliance treaty. It doesn't affect Kazakhstan at all, so there's no reason to bother them with it.

The only item that I'd like to see included in the treaty regards the Spread of Religion: right now, there is no clause mandating that we can spread our religion to the others. But if we all three allowed the spread of the religions, then we would get much more gold - better for everyone. What do the other Mad Scientists think? Is this important enough to push for inclusion?

13. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

The active spread is too expensive and there is in the moment no frontier against the voluntary.

14. DaveShack

True, right now sending a missionary is expensive. Later we could each agree to allow the other religions to spread to us.

15. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

Alright, so how about I send off this letter:

Greetings!

The Mad Scientists have analyzed the possibilities this treaty enables, and we are very happy to announce that we agree to all points, as written. We are [7] turns from Iron Working, which we will send on as soon as possible.

:cheers: To The Future!

Peter Grimes of The Mad Scientists

EDIT: Sent 2/19/09

16. Hummel

Hummel Warlord

That sounds good.

17. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Prince

How about we suggest our border to be set by the peak's? Lot's a land for us!

18. peter grimes

peter grimes ...

We're not discussing the border just yet. First we need to send a letter agreeing to the treaty. :hammer:

I'm sensing that everyone is in favor of accepting the Treaty and sending the letter. Am I correct?

19. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Yes, you are correct!

20. DaveShack

Sign, seal, deliver!