1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Embassy Eras & AI

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Argentino, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

I've been wondering why the AI doesn't make more use of embassies.

In most of my games, it is not very common to see the AI using their GD for something other than an influence boost, even in eras where the World Congress has been founded and some diplomatic leverage is important.

I don't know what anybody else thinks, but I almost always use my GD for embassies first and if that's not possible then an influence boost.

Why would the AI do something different? Even if diplomacy is not a priority, by establishing an embassy before another civ you are essentially denying other civs that privilege, right? Or can embassies be destroyed / pillaged? (I'm not talking about anexing / conquering the CS).

Another balance question: shouldn't embassies be restricted to the renaissance, by some tech or something? I find it a bit off putting that I can have an embassy in the medieval ages.

Cheers.

2. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

In my games, AI often put embassies. I can put 1-3 embassies and that's all, other CS already with embassies by other AI.
    On what difficulty and settings u play?

3. Argentino

Argentino Chieftain

Prince, maybe that's why??

4. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

It's because their priority is too low. They don't justify +1 Delegate is although better overall. Cultural/Food/Happiness/Military bonus is much better.

5. Txurce

Txurce Deity

That's interesting. In my games, they still eventually fill out all the embassy slots, but I am pretty much always the leader.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  6. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

+1 delegate is better than expending a great person on a glorified coup. The coup btw can instantly nullify your Great Diplomat investment.

7. Equesrider

Equesrider Chieftain

Brazil is placing lots of embassies even at Diety :)