Embassy of Apolytonia

UnOrthOdOx

Chieftain
I didn't see one lying around, so I will be the first to create one.

I am pleased to open this new embassy with our esteemem freinds here in Fanatica, and ask you all to visit our humble game located here

I am the current Vice President, and run the new directory thread in Apolyton.

With the lack of subforums, it is THE place to go to find what you are looking for, and the first stop for those interested.

You can find it here:
Directory

I will try to bring you the latest in our news as well, likely in the popular form of The Jungle Gazette

Recently we have began discussion on the creation of sports teams in the various cities. (Fantasy Football) And appear to have enough to form a league. More info when available.

Also, we have begun an interesting Mini Game. People purchas actual game tiles and buy/sell the relevent assets. It is totally seperate from in game, yet is connected as well with it's own buildings, improvements, and labor system. Check out the main thread for further info: here

Good luck in your new endeavors, and I hope to see you all again soon

We have had that idea too. (hmmm.. ;)) Of course, it's a bit early in our game to start one.

Im happy to welcome our apolytonian friends here! There are many scientific achievements you must tell us about, like the statistics being collected in your nation. I found very interesting things on my travels through apolytonia.

Just stopped by to say HI.

"Hi."

At last, real meaningful communication between worlds? Of course, how we do it baffles me... Anyway, as a member of both nations, I can happily say that my dual nationality hasn't led to any conflicts of interest. Yet...

Well, Since we have last talked:

We declared war on France to obtain Wine. No civilization can be without wine! Anyway, that Joan managed to 'influenc' both Germany AND Persia (who had a RoP with us at the time, and was marching settler stacks all over our land) to join her side. Some last minute rushing of Swordsmen netted us a bunch of persian...*cough* immigrants *cough*. We proceded to chase Joan around as she moved capitols here and there, and finally settled on an arrangement. We then traded our Lyton's (currency in Apolytonia) for her Feudalism, and kindly distributed it throughout the lands in return for cash, Monarchy, and Republic. Then it was on to deal with Otto. Funny thing, he had an army of swords about to wipe out one of our cities, but ours struck his city earlier in the turn, and he gave us all his Lytons, and 18/turn as well for peace. Coward. Xerxes is now fully in our sites, and discussion abounds on how to deal with them. They have the Pyramids...I've always wanted to see those up close...:egypt:

That latest news is here:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61025

Jungle Ball (fantasy football, American Football) is kicking off, and we have 8 teams spread throughout the land. I expect some serious petitioning for Colliseums to be built soon. Can't have a decent sports franchise without facilities now, can we?

The $ mini-game is up and running in its 4th trading cycle. They are testing out different rules at the time. I am the proud owner of 4 of those Persian *immigrants*, and plan to start a temporary employment service.:D

Greetings Unorthodox! and to all our Apolytonian friends.
As the recently-elected Foreign Minister it is my pleasure to welcome you to this brave new world we have just started to inhabit. Watch out for those mountain lions...

How go things in Apolyton? Is the banana market still going strong?
Also, as owner-manager of Atzin's house of barters I have an oportunity to barter objects of great value with other nations. I give you these nice head dresses I, um, traded from our newly found aztec friends. They are hand made of exquisit detail, fine quetzal and cenzontle feathers, green jade adorns the pure gold rims and sides. It is all made of gold and silver, with some sort of silver plumed serpents to the sides. I offer these objects as a sign of goodwill, frendship and enduring peace between our peoples.

Ehecatl Atzin

It is American Football, though we would not be adverse to making a new league for international players. How would we transport the teams, though?

Currently, our engineers have only figured how to use this Set of Tea device to transmit data. It is an ancient thing, thousands of years old, left to us by a great empire known by the name of Phoenatica. Strangely, though, no word has been heard from them in hundreds of years...We can only surmise what may have befallen such a glorious empire.

Of such empires we too have heard stories and tales of old. Our ancestors spoke of a "nation" of bountifull treasures and deep culture. But we have no trace of them in our city...

Ehecatl Atzin

Originally posted by Phoenix
Hi Unorthodox. Perhaps if we created a team we coukd have a fantasy match - this is football and not American football isn't it?

There's only one real code of football worth its salt and that's Aussie Rules (AFL). Faster than rugby, tougher than gridiron and far more entertaining than soccer. Only Gaillic comes even close!!

I have officially retired from the service of the Government now. I am pleased to announce that my term as VP saw many changes in our nation. The creation of a directory, a standard for the way Minister's submit their orders, and a likely example for the conducting of chats. A convention has been set up to revamp and rewrite our constitution in a more simple, and logical manner.

We continue our efforts in Persia, obtained our first Great Leader, who immediately went to work writing a great manual: Sun Tzu's Art of War. It will serve as required reading for all Military leaders, and any literate citizens within the military. Term four will continue the march toward the Pyramids.

Our term four Govt is:

Executive Branch
President: OPD Vice President: Apocalypse

Ministers
Foreign Affairs Minister: Togas

Supreme Military Commander: Aggie

Minister of Economy: Reddawg

Minister of Science: Thud

Minister of Imperial Expansion: GhengisFarb

Minister of Public Works: WhiteBandit

City Planner: GodKing

Judiciary
Current Judges: notyoueither, Epistax, jdjdjd, Kramerman, Sheik

I will bring you the next, milestone edition, of the Jungle Gazette in a few days. It will mark the Gazette's 2000 year anniversary!:D

Until then, friends.

So what do you plan to do now? Besides the Gazette, I mean.

Ehecatl Atzin

Nothing. Well, In game, anyway.

There is a month or two of decent weather left here. I intend to spend some time with my wife and two sons, and put those season passes to the local amuzement park and the local zoo to good use now that it is not blazing hot anymore.

I will watch, albeit less so, and if there is need for more input, I may run for office again. I accomplished some of my goals, though, and am satisfied with how things are proceding enough that I am not needed at this time, so I will persue other ambitions away from the game.

Once the new Constitution is written, I will see if there needs any new organization or leadership to get it on the right track.

Curiosity just struck me. Are there religions in Apolytania? We have The Jedi Council (guess who leads it), and I think a couple of others.

Will you remain as ambassador? or shall another be chosen?

Ehecatl Atzin

Top Bottom