Embassy with "The Brotherhood"

Battle log from Knights:

They used the semi-amphibious ability of their longbows to attack our cav.

In the ruins near the dyes:
LB (4/4) vs Cav (3/4): LB (4/4), Cav retreats (1/4)
Knight (4/4) vs Cav (1/4): Knight (1/4)

Near ruins of Budjadingen:
King Artus (10/12) vs Cav (1/4): King Artus (10/12)

From Lanzelot ~

"King Artus (10/12) vs Cavalry (4/5): King Artus (7/12)"

I can't tell what the Knights offered and you accepted by the thumbnail or the photobucket pic in the SotE post. Something is wrong with photobucket. Can you tell me what happened?

Yeah, but they probably did it by mistake, forgetting to clear the table after checking techs, or something. As I said, I accepted anyway, but there is not much hope for peace really.

Yeah, but they probably did it by mistake, forgetting to clear the table after checking techs, or something. As I said, I accepted anyway, but there is not much hope for peace really.
Lanzelot may want peace. He will have land mass and population soon. If the Brotherhood gets peace, and the foolish Kitchen remains at war with us, the BH develops and grows. Then it picks off the easier prey. It may not be a mistake.

The BH has resent the pece offer, still unaccepted. We can offer them our world map, Gold, and Astronomy.

They are still building the Chapel and Leonardo's.
We are still weak to both.
We are 1/5/4.
We still have around 100 point lead, but the BH is gaining on the Kitchen. We are still steady in power and culture, but sliding slightly in points.

This feels like mocking us.

I do not see he relevance of the rest in your post.

You think the BH is mocking us? It appears to me to be an opportunity for peace. If you want to throw it away, be my guest. Our other plans haven't been that successful either.

The rest of my post is just an update of the game. I opened the save and then posted what relevant data I saw.

Why not send them a message asking them to elaborate:

To the Most Honourable Knights of the Round Table, and especially to Brave Sir Robin,

Many years ago, the brave and valiant Knights slew the ferocious beast called "The Anarchy". The tales of your great deeds reached our ears, and we were most impressed by the strength of the warrior spirit in the Knights. All the talk at the Eagle dinner tables revolved around the Brotherhood. Statistics showed that the number of illegal bards in Persia tripled in the period immediately after the defeat of The Anarchy.

After many drunken toasts to King Arthur and his "niece" (Knights) were made, the Eagles woke up to a sobering revelation: another evil, not unlike The Anarchy, had arisen in the southern wastelands. Many travelers returned with gruesome accounts of "The Kitchen", and their taste for eagle-egg omelettes. Plus, these self-advertised chefs wouldn't even share their recipe for roast turkey! Something had to be done. The call went out across Eagle-Nation, from Aerie to Hotel California, a call to arms! Eagle cavalrymen converged at Darkside, and agreed not to go home until The Kitchen had been defeated and we were eating roast turkey in Essen!

The once-great Brotherhood, however, was not as magnanimous as in previous years. Fleeing the leaky roofs of their own homes, they opted instead to cross the ocean and fight for the Kitchen! The flock, needless to say, was shocked. How could the just and noble Knights fall to the mischievous ideals of the Kitchen? It seemed that this may not have been the case though. Several prominent knights, Sir Galahad among them, arrived at Aerie claiming to offer a peace treaty on behalf of the Brotherhood.

Whereas we ignored these assumed renegades, it brings up an interesting question: have the Knights had enough of war with the Eagles? Do they long to return home to their wives and children, to quell the rioting peasants, and to fix their dreaded roofs? Perhaps King Arthur grows tired of having his yachting fleet harassed by the mighty Eagle dromons. We are inclined to think that the Knights are indeed weary of this struggle, and wish for nothing but the return of peace.

Would the Round Table accept a peace deal with the Eagles?

Bowsling, Courier-Pigeon of the Flock.​

You think the BH is mocking us? It appears to me to be an opportunity for peace. If you want to throw it away, be my guest. Our other plans haven't been that successful either.

The rest of my post is just an update of the game. I opened the save and then posted what relevant data I saw.

Sorry for being harsh. Seeing that a couple of guys, I am considering friends disappear due to different reasons (Chamnix, Eclipse) makes me really sad and lose interest in these games.

But anyway, I do not believe that the Brotherhood is really interested in peace with us. If so, they had the opportunity when I accepted their offer last turn. And instead of saying: Oh sorry, it was a misclick, or something they just do the same again. That is why I am saying they seem to mock us.

Why not send them a message asking them to elaborate:

Yes, I think you're right. We should. But I wouldn't send the well written fiction you've posted. ;)

Something more like;

Dear Knights of the Brotherhood,
Eagles have twice received an offer of peace from King Arthur. We accepted his offer the first time around, but apparently your King desires some form of incentive to complete the treaty.

Is it possible to open a dialouge on the issue of peace? Eagles may be able to offer something in addition.

Calis.

Sorry for being harsh. Seeing that a couple of guys, I am considering friends disappear due to different reasons (Chamnix, Eclipse) makes me really sad and lose interest in these games.

But anyway, I do not believe that the Brotherhood is really interested in peace with us. If so, they had the opportunity when I accepted their offer last turn. And instead of saying: Oh sorry, it was a misclick, or something they just do the same again. That is why I am saying they seem to mock us.

Ever hear from Chamnix again?

Top Bottom