1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Emergencies madness!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by manarod, Mar 7, 2018.

1. manarod

manarod Chieftain

I'm playing marathon with 8 eras mod and cities state wall. I'm in a continent with 7 others ai and there are always 3 emergencies running. In the last 3 turns there was a emergency against poland, and the turn after another against scotland with poland in it. so what i have to choose? it's so confusing! shouldn't be just one? in one turn i'm in war with poland, in another i'm an ally with poland free to go with the emergency against her

2. shaglio

shaglio The Prince of Dorkness

If you want to know what to choose, I recommend you choose to play without the mod that's breaking Emergencies for you.

3. manarod

manarod Chieftain

In what way a mod has broken the emergency?

4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

None of us have ever seen this many emergencies, so something got broken. I don't think I've even seen 2 at once.

5. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Map settings alone can influence it. You're going to get more emergencies with marathon + lots of civs on one continent than you will with normal speed + civs split up.

6. The_Quasar

The_Quasar Chieftain

I have, and no mods. Small map size, 6 civs, on normal speed. I was playing Chandragupta.
    I had one to protect a City State and one to protect a newly captured city that came up one turn after the other. That was also after having another earlier in the game.
    It seems to be a random chance when you do certain things that trigger it, so it can happen on any map at almost any time.
    I like it... a chance to make some extra coin, and a bit more interest going on.

7. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Strange, playing the expanded earth mod (with expanded religions) I only ran into one emergency. Despite conquering over 70 cities. Only one was triggered from me taking a Nubian city (Kongo participated until he was wiped out). This map had around 24 civs on it to start. It's possible there were more emergencies, but I wasn't in contact with many civs for a long time.

8. King Rad

King Rad Chieftain

I just agreed to an emergency, which no one else joined, to liberate a city state that Poland had taken. Well, the city state wasn't on the coast, but I had a city adjacent to Poland on the coast across the sea from my continent. It was doing fine with loyalty, and I had converted another of Poland's cities to my religion as well. So I decide to march across and liberate the city state - taking the closest Polish city to my city on the way. I also converted it to my religion, which was kind of neat because of the era points for converting a city you're at war with; and then an emergency was declared against me because the city I took was Poland's holy city - so I've accepted an emergency against Poland to liberate a city state and one or two civs have accepted one against me to release Poland's holy city to go back to its heathen religion instead of following my true way! I've had a couple of other times when I've had two emergencies going at once - and at least one of those was also against me while I was committed to a different one. Haven't seen three at once yet, though.

PeterChu likes this.
  9. Timothy001

Timothy001 Chieftain

The most I've seen is 2 at once. I converted Poland's holy city, and got an emergency against, with Poland and Ghandi joining. Then Alex took a city state, and 4 of 5 civs joined against him. Later I nuked Alex into a crisp ( 7 nukes/in one turn) took out his 7 most populous cities, then captured them. Got 2 emergencies, 1 for the nuke, one for the capital. Only Alex joined. I won all 4 btw.

10. The_Quasar

The_Quasar Chieftain

This seems to be one of the triggers, as I got an emergency against me when I took Scythia's holy city.
    Probably nuking is another (as it should be).

11. isau

isau Warlord

Emergencies follow some pretty specific criteria. If you aren't seeing many of them it's likely because of one of the following:
    • You don't have cities on the continent with the Score leader (you must have a city on the continent to be invited to Score-related emergencies)
    • The person with the highest Score isn't doing any war mongering (not much you can do about that)
    • YOU have the highest score and aren't war mongering
    • You haven't sunk diplomatic tokens into many City States(you must have at least 1 token at a city state to be invited to an emergency triggered by them)
    • You didn't found a religion (You must have founded a religion to be invited to Holy City emergencies)
    Those are the main ones.

The_Quasar likes this.