[R&F] Emergencies

Zdarg

Prince
Why I am, second time in a row, only one to accept participation in emergency?
Both times. seven parties were invited. Aren't AIs supposed to support new mechanics of the new expansion?
Or is it for multiplayer?

Being the only one is the greatest thing.

1:You can take all money
2: You don't have to be in alliance with your disgusting allies.

Why I am, second time in a row, only one to accept participation in emergency?
Well... I just got one. Turn 41
upload_2018-2-22_8-47-54.png

Last edited:
Reactions: liv
Yeah, if I won the emergency, but I could lose!
It took me exactly 29 turns to free Nar-Madol, Almost lose.
I'd probably took less money (not sure if I need all that 14000, with 400GPT actual income), but with higher chance of success.

...And, well, if I annexed a city state myself, or something like that - may I be sure that other civs would be as reluctant to join in a war against me?

I had a partner just last night in an emergency. I didn't have to do anything though. The city-state flipped before I could muster enough units to liberate it. Hey, free gold right?

I had a partner just last night in an emergency. I didn't have to do anything though. The city-state flipped before I could muster enough units to liberate it. Hey, free gold right?
I had one that (somehow?) flipped on the turn the voting took place. The message said something about how the emergency was canceled, and that nobody won or lost.

I had one that (somehow?) flipped on
the turn the voting took place. The message said something about how the emergency was canceled, and that nobody won or lost.
Yeah that has happened in my games as well. The emergency and the loyalty are at odds withother I think.

1:You can take all money
2: You don't have to be in alliance with your disgusting allies.

Yeah I participated in two emergencies in my first R&F game - the first one I was the only participant and bagged over 30000 gold, all to myself! That basically won me the game on its own right there.

The second emergency, Gorgo joined, so I had to split the pot with her. The most irritating part about the AI joining Emergencies is that they don't even lift a finger to help; the player does all the work then has to split the pot with the useless AI.

I was alone in my emergency, but the same happened, the city-state flipped to a free city and I got a successful emergency. It will next join a third civ, I think. Doesn't feel right to me, this system. The city is not liberated.

I had one that (somehow?) flipped on the turn the voting took place. The message said something about how the emergency was canceled, and that nobody won or lost.
That is hilarious. This system is very close to being completely broken, which is a shame because it had potential. The first emergency I encountered happened when me and another civ were double teaming Greece in a war and had taken all but their capital. I allowed my war partner to take Greece's capital, which started the emergency. I joined the emergency, took Greece's capital in a single turn, got the award for winning the emergency, and faced no repercussions for my warmongering or my betrayal of my ally.

What decides whether you´re invited into an emergency? I´ve now expierenced two emergencies, but wasn´t invited at any of the emergencies. The first one was regarding a CS I hadn´t discovered so I don´t even know what it did. This time it was for Norway, wich I had discovered, but they lost only city to loyality I could see. Is it because I can´t see the city that there´s an emergency about? What other factors decides whether you see an emergency or not?

In general I think it would be better if you could always see the emergencies whether or not you were invited. Then you could choose to indirectly support another civilization. Either that or no information about that particular emergency at all.

For city state emergency you have to have envoys there and not be friendly with the target of the emergency
For military emergencies again you cannot be friendly with the target and you have to be on the same continent I think

Last edited:
What decides whether you´re invited into an emergency? I´ve now expierenced two emergencies, but wasn´t invited at any of the emergencies. The first one was regarding a CS I hadn´t discovered so I don´t even know what it did. This time it was for Norway, wich I had discovered, but they lost only city to loyality I could see. Is it because I can´t see the city that there´s an emergency about? What other factors decides whether you see an emergency or not?

In general I think it would be better if you could always see the emergencies whether or not you were invited. Then you could choose to indirectly support another civilization. Either that or no information about that particular emergency at all.

See my post here about this: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ing-emergency-yet.629545/page-2#post-15060006

Yeah ok, it was because I had a decleared friendship with Norway. Guess I should only decleare friendship in R&F when I fell a little threatened by them (and want their garantee not to attack me).

Stange thing they don´t want you to participate if you´re not on the same continent. I would approve of more intercontinental diplomacy. And with the loyality system colonizing another continent has only gotten harder. Furthermore, I think the (seemingly) problem with only a few participating in an emergency only gets worse this way.

isau's exploration of the files indicate that for the military emergencies there is a continet requirement.
yes the AI very often do not joint these emergencies. So when you get invited to one always know that you will likely be on your own

Quite unfortunate... But I guess they are watching what people say about their experiences and a patch in a few months could change a lot..

IMHO, former city-states should flip back to city-states, not free cities. That would help the game a lot.
isau's exploration of the files indicate that for the military emergencies there is a continet requirement.
yes the AI very often do not joint these emergencies. So when you get invited to one always know that you will likely be on your own
Continent requirement is quite silly. I think there are better ways of determining whether AI could participate.

IMHO, former city-states should flip back to city-states, not free cities. That would help the game a lot.
Continent requirement is quite silly. I think there are better ways of determining whether AI could participate.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know that was the case. But in that case - yes, this should definitely be changed in the first patch..

I've mostly seen emergencies for freeing CS from the clutches of their oppressors. The other ones were for freeing one civ's city from the clutches of another. I think many AI civs don't accept these because they're programmed to not want to be warmongers or they're on friendly terms with the oppressor.

Shouldn't there be peaceful emergencies such as send X thousand gold to CS to rebuild after a typhoon, or give 5 builders to China so they can complete their Great Wall? I mean those would be interesting, and could impose some hardship as well. I mean who wants to give 5 workers to the Qin?

I've mostly seen emergencies for freeing CS from the clutches of their oppressors. The other ones were for freeing one civ's city from the clutches of another. I think many AI civs don't accept these because they're programmed to not want to be warmongers or they're on friendly terms with the oppressor.

Shouldn't there be peaceful emergencies such as send X thousand gold to CS to rebuild after a typhoon, or give 5 builders to China so they can complete their Great Wall? I mean those would be interesting, and could impose some hardship as well. I mean who wants to give 5 workers to the Qin?

I think the mechanic is ripe for new and varied events like you mention. However, I think they wanted to get the basics working before jumping the whole way in.

First Emergency I could participate in that was not way on the other side of the map, and I won before I could take the target's capital.... oh well.

Top Bottom