Emissaries can be improved

This is 6 player map with default settings I played recently:
upload_2020-4-14_13-56-28.png

And a few more that I just got sent, made sure to set the replay at turn 5 this time so that all the start locations are properly shown. These screenshots don't properly show mountains and other geographic features like forests and deserts which I feel are also pretty agreeable in this script.

@adan_eslavo
I feel that tectonic works best on Large map size. Huge also works for me, though you have some interesting things going on there I admit

Attachments

• 20200414152608_1.jpg
    20200414152608_1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200414152747_1.jpg
    20200414152747_1.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20200414152925_1.jpg
    20200414152925_1.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 37
If you dislike CSs mostly spawning on islands in continents+, continents++ exists to fix just that. I can post it if you're interested.

Where are all the modded mapscripts posted? I don't see any in VP's mods repository subforum. Are they in the general Civ5 mod's forum?

Where are all the modded mapscripts posted? I don't see any in VP's mods repository subforum. Are they in the general Civ5 mod's forum?
I play Tectonic mapscript only. It is available I think even on Steam, very famous mapscript done by the bestest modders in the industry. I don't underestimate the VP mapscript but is too small for my 43Civs games. And also lacks the tectonic feature of mountains. Tectonic works very well with VP

There is no VP map script. There is only a VP adapted Communitas map script.

Edit: I think the original Communitas did not play nicely with the More Luxuries component of VP.

@cammcken , the +++ mapscripts are on Steam. If you pick Tectonic, make sure not to confuse it with Tectonics, these are very different.

Last edited:

I don't know if there is a repository somewhere. See attached if you're interested in continents++. My only gripe with it is that occasionally a civ gets put onto a mini continent by themselves and if I'm that civ I typically abandon the game (typically figure that out within the first 20-30 turns or earlier). Otherwise I think it's a great map script. Assuming standard settings you typically get 2 continents of 3-5 civs and 4-7 CSs each. A few CSs on islands and a good amount of medium and small islands off continent. Sometimes the continents are inter navigable prior to caravels and sometimes not. I think it strikes good balance between land and naval power.

Attachments

• ContinentsPlusPlus.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 19
When the covid19 invisible enemy is gone I will not be very active here though will be around hopefully. So please take my suggestions seriously while it lasts as I think they improve gameplay. Thank you :hug:

Summer Palace WW gives open borders to diplomatic units and there's a National Wonder (can't recall the name) in modern era which gives it aswell.
I find it more interesting to forbid border crossing to diplomatic units as it creates more natural spheres of influence + with a system where every civilian unit can cross borders, scouting enemy territory would be really easy.
But that's just my opinion :)
Definitely prefer the current state, @Diverman explained it well.

I was about to reply with something similar but couldn't put it better than this^

I love that civs get a sort of organic sphere of influence over nearby CS. Missionaries are different because they're just civilians, emissaries etc are more government workers on government business so it makes sense they'll need permission to conduct said business in foreign territory.

Top Bottom