Emperor Cookbooks. Toku (Japan)

Thats interesting as I normally work those for the resource and happiness. It does sometimes mean waiting a thousand or so years.

Waiting on KM, Inso, RJm and Miked to vote. I will prolly vote at the end in case of a tie.

Thats interesting as I normally work those for the resource and happiness. It does sometimes mean waiting a thousand or so years.

Yeah, but when you start with a 3 calendar resources, 1 agriculture resource start (for instance), you must want to work those before calendar :)

Cheers

I'll have a look and vote tomorrow, forgot about this for a few days.

Waiting on KM, Inso, RJm and Miked to vote. I will prolly vote at the end in case of a tie.

I didn't realise I was entitled to vote. I will post a vote later today.

RJM

My votes:

#1 Fluxx - I like the research position; defence issues but probably OK.
#2 Morgan - I also like the research position on this save and it also has defence issues - very close between Fluxx and Morgan.
#3 pnp dredd - my vote is based on the axemen; continuing this save would be interesting and different for me.

I quite liked Gumbolt's save and discovery of alphabet could make this save a real beauty.
I'd be quite happy to continue with Jumbled's save. IMO it is similar to Fluxx and Morgan, but slightly weaker. Could have got the #3 vote except for the interesting possibilities in both Gumbolt and pnp's saves.
Inso's save requires the capture of Phoenician which is probably OK, but is a risk factor and in any case, research is a bit weak.

RJM

1: Fluxx
2: PNP Dredd
3: Gumbolt

Dredd would be interesting to play I think, but fluxx is stronger in terms of grabbing available land. I like the use of the warrior in stopping mehmeds expansion, never thought to do that.

I didn't realise I was entitled to vote. I will post a vote later today.

RJM

I didnt want to exclude anyone who had completed the round and was likely to play the next round. I want to encourage people to play on to later rounds.

If someone had obviously excluded their save then thats another thing.

I think KM is going to vote today some time. Then we can consider the next round.

Sweet, roll on round 2! I would presume that we are playing fluxx' save then?

I need to vote first!!!

1. Fluxx saves seems good. Mehed somewhat under control. Downside is we are still at war with Mehed. Also border blocker with Mansa could well be eaten up by Mansa capital. 2 workers is a bit low for 3-4 cities.

2. Dredd. i do like the axe rush idea. Mehed capital with all that Forest will be good.

3. morgan. Looks set to grab the oracle and this could well give COl/ Alphabet or Monarchy. any of those would be welcome techwise.

I did like my shot at early alphabet trade wise. I laid 4th city too soon.

Jumbled looks rather trapped in by Mehed.

Inso save had a annoying barb city far too close for comfort for my likings. I couldnt view all the saves as i am on 3.17.

Details for next round will follow.

Result for the round is

Flux 21
Gumbolt 9
PNP Dredd 9
Morgan 8

Congratulations to Fluxx on winning this round. We will play from a world builder save attached.

The next round will be played on 3.19. All users need to use the world builder save I will post. I will post the save in a bit once i have tested it to make sure it works. :)

I feel honored guys, hopefully it will be a good choice, and good games will come from it :)

I feel honored guys, hopefully it will be a good choice, and good games will come from it :)

if we fail now your fame will be forever remembered lol.

Okay I am all 3.19 installed with a backup 3.17 folder.

The save loads in 3.19 fine.

Please update and play the save in 3.19 if you are still using v3.17. Please only use the save attached to this message.

The next round will be played to 400ad. This will give us a chance to do a Liberalism rush on third round.

This round will last 4 days. With voting on Tuesday or Wednesday. If people need more time to update and play let me know.

Any new players wanting to join this game are most welcome.

Attachments

• Toku Emp Cookbook 319 BC-1500.CivBeyondSwordSave
    51.1 KB · Views: 56
We appear to have lost part of Aesthetics. (7 beakers) Not sure how this change affected the AI. if there is any major issue let me know ASAP.

I think it's ok. Technical difficulties, that's what we're experiencing.

I only loaded the basic save. If we all use the save posted above the game should be fine for future rounds.

It is going to be tough for me to upgrade to 3.19. Since HOF is still using that version, and I pretty much play those games on a regular basis still.

Converting it to a Worldbuilder save from my end, should normally not be to much of a fuss, but lets see.

It is going to be tough for me to upgrade to 3.19. Since HOF is still using that version, and I pretty much play those games on a regular basis still.

Converting it to a Worldbuilder save from my end, should normally not be to much of a fuss, but lets see.

There is a new HOF Buffy patch for 3.19. Most of the new games use this.

You can set up a dual set up by copying firaxis games folder and renaming it. E.g. Firaxis Games 3.17. The patch for 3.19 will be applied to the firaxis games folder.

End of day 3.19 is the future and all new HOF games will use that when they start. Including the current SGOTM10.

I dont see a reason not to upgrade. ;)

We appear to have lost part of Aesthetics. (7 beakers) Not sure how this change affected the AI. if there is any major issue let me know ASAP.

There also seems to be changes in the scores and in the AI attitude to us. I don't know how this will affect gameplay, but if we all use the same save, everything should be OK.

RJM

Top Bottom