Emperor Tech pace.

Callonia

Deity
If I do what this guy says http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12657399&postcount=5

Will it make the AI's tech pace same as mine?

Its bit confusing because I Went into Gamespeeds XML and seen the only thing that mentions research is >100< do i delete that 100 to 1.25?

But I have a feeling that suggestion won't fix my annoyance with emperor difficulty. Because the AI will still research super fast and at most only delay them by few turns.

So I looked into the CIV 5 Handicap xml
It says Research percent >100< / research percent

Is that what I modify to 1.25 and the game speed's research percent to 1.25 too? Because I want the Emperor AI to research at the speed of King AI so that I'll get to enjoy even more tougher wars without crazy research speed.

Please help me out x.x Because I won't start a game on emperor until i figure this out with your help.

AI has the same science bonus on all difficulty levels.

I do NOT recommend changing this one; such a change would cause Emperor to play like standard Warlord. (Most of the high expansion flavor AIs science rate will be horrid as they don't even build libraries in all their cities)

And actually standard King to standard Emperor is a very small step unless you've been hand building early wonders. A few players have even found Emperor easier than King since the AI has a bit more money to take. It's standard Emperor to standard Immortal that is big (AI starts with worker on Immortal+); and Immortal to Deity is even bigger (AI starts with extra Settler)

<ResearchPercent> is the variable that you're looking for, but I think you misunderstood, what that file is for. You can change the general texh-speed and how other parts of the different gamespeed-settings work. Setting it to 66 would emulate Quick-Techspeed, 100 is Standard, 200 Epic and 300 is Marathon - but again: For all players, not only the AI. It changes the general games rules, not the other Civs.

If you want to edit the AI-Bonuses, then Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5HandicapInfos.xml is the file you have to edit. Create a backup of the file, then search for <Type>HANDICAP_EMPEROR</Type> . "ResearchPercent" is the variable that direly influences the AIs tech rate. But as joncnunn already said, AI has 100%oin all relevant difficulty settings, their "fast techpace" is a result of the fact that they get growth-bonuses. You could of course set their techpace to a number below 100, that would basically slow them down, but overall I don't really see why that would be helpful. If you can't yet beat the AI on Emporer, I'd suggest to continue playing on King. The AI doesn't become "smarter" as you progress through the difficulties, they become stronger because of the bonuses they get - and catching up with the AI on Emporer should be really fast, if you know what you're doing.

If you are that smart that you know how to change code etc.Just learn how to out tech the Ai.I might not be as capable as you with code but I do most of the time some way some how and I am not as detailed as you.Its just a matter of understanding what tactical moves such as City placement for good to great growth good happinness in which keeps the growth posititve and spurs on golden ages to knock out major buildings/wonders and Gp.Know when to go to war or not etc and having a short and long term strategy for tech.Building the right buildings asap like the National college on and on.
You are obviously spending alot of time on code when you could be trying to find out how to be better IMO.I have not gone higher than Emperor because it is the right pace where I quit games late because I know I will win or I rage quit early because somebody caught me slipping :crazyeye: and took my dag gone capital.I am competitive in wonders but it is a great challenge.So until I learn my lessons and change my bad habits I will stay at Emperor and the game is very fun still.

<ResearchPercent> is the variable that you're looking for, but I think you misunderstood, what that file is for. You can change the general texh-speed and how other parts of the different gamespeed-settings work. Setting it to 66 would emulate Quick-Techspeed, 100 is Standard, 200 Epic and 300 is Marathon - but again: For all players, not only the AI. It changes the general games rules, not the other Civs.

If you want to edit the AI-Bonuses, then Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5HandicapInfos.xml is the file you have to edit. Create a backup of the file, then search for <Type>HANDICAP_EMPEROR</Type> . "ResearchPercent" is the variable that direly influences the AIs tech rate. But as joncnunn already said, AI has 100%oin all relevant difficulty settings, their "fast techpace" is a result of the fact that they get growth-bonuses. You could of course set their techpace to a number below 100, that would basically slow them down, but overall I don't really see why that would be helpful. If you can't yet beat the AI on Emporer, I'd suggest to continue playing on King. The AI doesn't become "smarter" as you progress through the difficulties, they become stronger because of the bonuses they get - and catching up with the AI on Emporer should be really fast, if you know what you're doing.

While a few of the AI handicaps are in the per level ones; most of them are found in "Handicap AI default" (in Vanilla and G&K it was Chieftain)

And actually in this case, a number less than 100 is a bonus. (This is percent of normal needed for techs)
Default value for Research Percent:
Warlord and above : 100
Chieftain : 95
Settler : 90
Handicap AI default : 85

In addition to the global speed modifier there's also a map setting. 100 is actually on small. 110 is the Standard map size value; bigger values on Large & Huge

Top Bottom