Emperor victory!

JTWuest

Chieftain
Yay, I won my first game on emperor since IV. I know this isn't much of an accomplishment for some of you, but I'm so proud of myself I'm bragging.

Yeah, great job. I only play on Warlord, so I've no idea how hard Emperor is, but I'm sure it's plenty hard!

Cheers.

Congratulations. The only civ I can get an Emperor win with is the Mongols, but I think that might be changing soon. :p

Have you tried any of the scenarios yet? I've found the 1066 one playing as Sveyn to be particularly easy, even on Deity.

Ha, yes hopefully it will not become too easy. I won with Siam too, which is a little strange because I usually don't do too well with him but diplomatic victory was mine!

Unless you play on restrictive maps that limit variability emperor should give you lots of fun. Though it will eventually get easy as you improve.

The trick is to slog through the bad starts. It makes you a better player.

And this is the one thing I like about civ5. Civ mix can make a huge difference in difficulty. Also another reason why I play with all random civs where applicable and don't mess with my map settings (large 10 civs) with city states enabled. PANGEA /Continents

The trick is to slog through the bad starts. It makes you a better player.

Well, probably. But I just threw 6 successive starts at continents (standard size) away as soon as I found out I was on a 2-civ continent....

Well, probably. But I just through 6 successive starts at continents (standard size) away as soon as I found out I was on a 2-civ continent....

Can play good starts too, or try pangea.

I was so hestitant to try Pangea because continents was my preferred setup since Civ3.

I tried it in Civ5 looking for new diplo flavours, and found Pangea games much more interesting because the world is at your door bickering well before you get to Astronomy.

Really depends on your tastes.

Congratulations, and good job, to OP. Emperor is a good level!
Just hope you don't get to the point where Emperor is too easy. xD Immortal is such a huge leap up. I literally win almost every game on Emperor, and lose almost every game on Immortal.
Yeah, I'm with you at that, I do win Emperor fairly easily, but it still offers me fun though, so for now I'm satisfied. I can play Emperor and wonder hoard, which is not really possible on Immortal - which is why I'm reluctant to step up. :mischief:

Top Bottom