Empire Earth Disscussion

BAD WORDS BAD WORDS! :aargh:

Just kidding. :D I enjoyed the first one a lot. I would make random maps with 5 opponents but only allow them to advance through to the second epoch while I was allowed to advance to the last epoch and experiment with killing each opponent with the units of the epoch. But I felt that EE2 got too complicated.

I really liked the second one, the first was great to but I felt the second was far superior with the exception of the fact that the maps were to small and cluttered. The third is great fun, but way to overisimplified, and once you start gaining resources you only get richer quicker, in that you snowball out of control really quickly and you pretty much never have to worry about resources after the first ten minutes. Overall I think the second one is the best, does anyone miss the calamities from the first game?

I didn't like EEII. Too much graphics, poor editor (I mean look at DYOS! My comics are crappier using EEII than EEI)

Empire Earth I is great, but I haven't got III yet, so I dunno

I tried EE3 demo. It crashed my computer 10 minutes into the game.

I like EE 1, but I'm not that good. I can win on narmal, but not on hard :(

I was thining of getting III, so opinions on it would be very helpful.

Perhaps I should get the demo of EEIII, but I remember the demo for Supreme Commander. I install it, and the screen comes up and then my computer resets

So I won't risk EEIII until I think my hardware is good

-gets into rant about how bad Warcraft III is and does a sales pitch for Starcraft-

I'm too busy with Halo 3 to bother with a demo and also the graphics, no matter how cartoonish you say, my computer probably cannot handle it

I have EE3 and think about it, cartoonish graphics like world of warcraft.

What is up with you and telling everyone to think about it?This isnt freeking feudal japan and your not some martial arts sensai, just freeking elaborate its not going to hurt anyone. What are you trying to say?

Time to throw in my two cents! (I haven't posted anything in a while so I have a proverbial huge bag of change I could throw...)

I really enjoyed EE 1 and spent some of the better years of my life playing it from every stance possible and making poor scenarios on whatever my imagination struck up at that moment in time. OK the graphics were a little off (all those manic grins from people being shot at...) and little in the way of cutural diversity, but still it was a game to be enjoyed.

HOWEVER; EE 2 was one of the bigger disappoints as far as sequels go (from a person who's usually in favour of them)- An editor that, at best, allows you to give up hope of making a scenario worth playing, gameplay which simplifies the span of human history to such an extent that I had to find out what the epoch numbers corresponded to, and write them down to make it seem a little less mechanical and a little more human. Oh and the graphics were not worth the slowdowns suffered on maps large enough and with enough players to make the game interesting... (and I'm sure there were still some manic grins from the units being shot at...)

And now for EE3 they're saying "the other games were too complicated so we're cutting down on everything (except graphics, they'll be a HUGE drain on the PC) to make it Newbie friendly"- I'll think I'll pass thanks...

????????? I have no Idea.........?????????? What are you saying..........???????????

Twice now in thsi thread youv told somebody, one of which was me to "think about it" without elaborating to what exactly your alluding to, its just annoying, just explain yourself and stop speaking in riddles.

well now that I've actually read the reviews for EE3 and understand what, exactly, it's about (I didn't even realise it'd been released) all I an say is "Oh good god! What have you done with the game I loved!"

3 Generic Civs? FIVE Epochs!? And unit talk (which I detested from the earlier games) with phrases regarding units being "as loud and dangerous as a camel fart" apparently!

Has anyone played the game and confirm these shocking allegations? I'd rather not find out for myself... it could result in some serious mourning

well now that I've actually read the reviews for EE3 and understand what, exactly, it's about (I didn't even realise it'd been released) all I an say is "Oh good god! What have you done with the game I loved!"

3 Generic Civs? FIVE Epochs!? And unit talk (which I detested from the earlier games) with phrases regarding units being "as loud and dangerous as a camel fart" apparently!

Has anyone played the game and confirm these shocking allegations? I'd rather not find out for myself... it could result in some serious mourning

Its all true, I thought the retail would be better than the demo and god no it wasnt.

Gamespot rated the game 3.5 out of 10. Here are some reasons why.

1. Civilizations - Empire Earth III raped out the old civilization model and made control a region of the world (West, Far East, Middle East), and you would show your true identity as you specialized in a branch of military units (I'm assuming that if you were a Western player specializing in infantry units you would end up as Rome?). Their bonuses were based on basic stereotypes of their cultures.:sleep: And even then the West and East are structured very similarly; only the Mideast stands out, and that's due to portable buildings. Even then, they all play out very much like each other. They only all stand out amongst each other once the civs enter the Future, when the Mideast gets to show off their cloaked factory and East their genetically engineered supercreatures.:smoke:

2. World Domination - :aargh: :aargh: The main reason I like the series was for its historical RTS campaigns; they have pretty much disappeared from Age of Empires. I can just play Rise of Nations for this. Even worse, these maps can REALLY end up crazy, as the Olmecs could be in the British Isles, and Asian tribe could be in Spain, and elephant archers could be guarding a lost tomb in Germany. This is just bad.

3. Bad AI - Enough said. WHERE DID TARA TEICH GO!!! :confused: :gripe:

4. Bad maps - The maps tend to have numerous canyons, valleys, and rivers that would make you feel like your crossing narrow corridors instead of forest and plains. You have to patrol every square kilometer of the map to find to your enemy. Units also have pathfinding problems, which I haven't seen since the original Age of Empires. :crazyeye:

5. Historical Inaccuracy - Units from different epochs traveling together occured in Empire Earth I (but not II, thank goodness). Now however, with only 5 ages, you may see Gatling guns fighting alongside arquebusiers. Then there's the historically inaccurate units, such as the Mideast's camel that hurts units with a horrid stench :)drool:) and a hero prophet who calls out a plague of frogs :)nuke:). :evil: :mwaha: :devil: :groucho:

6. More Things - According to other player reviews, there are no churches, roads, "priest" units (except for Eastern shamans), or wonders. The multiplayer is buggy, and the game crashes often. Then there are the cartoonish graphics and stupid dialogues. What is this, Shrek the Third?

I'm sure somebody who's actually played EEIII can elaborate on this.

Top Bottom