Empire Earth

Endureth

Warlord
If you like Civilization and Age of Empires you seriously need to check out this game. Don't ask any questions, just go out, buy it and become addicted.

Endureth

Originally posted by Endureth
If you like Civilization and Age of Empires you seriously need to check out this game. Don't ask any questions, just go out, buy it and become addicted.

Endureth

I guess Empire Earth can't be like both Civ and AoE as the first is turn based strategy and the other one is realtime action wannabe-strategy. Allright, that was outright nasty but it's my humple opinion. Just pointing out that I might nog at all be interested in other games even if they have a resemblance to strategy in them.

I'm sure you're going to get a lot of individual opinions about this one. I, in fact, did the opposite of what you suggest - bought Empire Earth first. Hated it, went back to the store and exchanged it for Civ III.

I think turn-based is much more enjoyable than real-time "strategy", at least you can think in between moves. I found it impossible, or at the very least stressful, to keep track of all the little units running around - they are so small they all look the same to me. Contrast this with the exquisite animated units in Civ III. No sir, I won't be doing Empire Earth until frogs are doing fractions :frog: .

Originally posted by Ripley
I have both Civ3 and Empire Earth.

I rarely play EE. I play a lot of Civ3.

Thats not an opinion. It's just a fact.

I have both but EE hasn't even managed to get installed yet...

yea .. empire earth is a good game ... hey fellows ... i bet u didnt like age of empires either? empire earth is excellent if u like age of empires and civ .... it has the depth and length of civ (not quite the scale :( ) but with all the age of empire rts stuff ... and the music is something that game developers should take note of, not the poxy music with civ3

Greetings!

Frankly speaking, I was deeply hooked on the Age of Empire series - played this one a lot and I thought it was the greatest strategy game on Earth until I came across Civilization. Then my opinion quickly changed, that hook was even stronger than previous one. :crazyeyes

Still, it would be nice to see a merger of these two games, with one provision that it stays TBS not RTS. One city with lots of buildings producing lots of things at the same time - it gets very hard to keep tracks of everything and you play this game not for days and nights, but, for years and years!!!!! Of course, you can do some other things in between one game intervals, like raise cows, study at college, get married, raise your children and then you finish that game.

How's that sound for a real REAL TBS civ????:goodjob:

Originally posted by Selous
yea .. empire earth is a good game ... hey fellows ... i bet u didnt like age of empires either? empire earth is excellent if u like age of empires and civ .... it has the depth and length of civ (not quite the scale :( ) but with all the age of empire rts stuff ... and the music is something that game developers should take note of, not the poxy music with civ3

I do actually like Age of empires and have all the series (Apart from the Star Wars add on pack) but just haven't got round to play Empire Earth...Or installing it...

gave EE a whirl and didn't really get into it. not a big RTS fan, all a bit manic for me. and i didn't get into the scripted story line bit at all - expecially as it claimed to be simulating history (sort of), and then you get these magician/priest unit things that cast spells. mmmmm. a bit like civ having fantasy units thrown in - kind of.

as for AoK, still play it now sometimes, but only MP. its very frantic and good fun against human players, but again, give me civ anyday. i've never played civ MP before - really looking forward to that.

and Dell19

I do actually like Age of empires and have all the series (Apart from the Star Wars add on pack)
very good :D

I wouldn't expect to get a lot of people around here saying EE is a good game. I mean there can't be 2 great games out there can there? Seriously I think EE is a very good game I for one like many different types of games from CIV type games to FPS to RTS ect.. I don't narrow myself down to one genre I like to mix it up a bit. :cool:

Peace-Out

I bought EE when it first came out and loved it. I Played it almost every day.

Then a few weeks later I got Civ3. I haven't touched EE since.

It's not that there can't be two great games out there. It's just that there are only 24 hours in a day, and I spend as many of them as possible playing Civ3. Now I've split up all the tasks of my home-life into tiny slices that fit neatly into the "between-turns" cycle.

I too can manage the day-to-day tasks of my life "between turns". Heck, I even got the dishes done! My wife is sooo proud!

I too bought EE first, played all the campaigns, played online (great fun for MP). Then came Civ3. :cooool:

Originally posted by Salvor
Now I've split up all the tasks of my home-life into tiny slices that fit neatly into the "between-turns" cycle.

heh, I know how that goes. "Watch the baby? Okay, I'll watch him for 5 minutes, play a turn, watch him for another 5..." :)

I am a RTS fan, but I NEVER got into AoE. And the sequel was kinda sucky too. The original Command and Conquer was a lot of fun for me (it was so new to me back then!), and I loved Warcraft and Starcraft. As of right now, until something comes along that generates the same hysteria Starcraft did, I won't even bother trying another RTS. Too many have been far too boring... and the ones that really try to throw in a ton of strategy are just WAY too hard. Seven Kingdoms anyone?

I was hooked on AoE and AoK and all the expansions. I was planning on picking up EE when it came out but have not found the time. I think Civ3 is just easier to follow when you don't spend hours upon hours a day playing. Between work and family time, I have a very limited playing time available and could never get into a good AoE game during the workweek.

Got a couple of weeks off coming up soon and not going anywhere so might just have to run out and pick up EE since I will have some free time, unless the wife wants me to paint the house or do something "constructive" with my time.

Both probably have their pros and cons and both are probably addictive.

Last time I looked at a gaming site - Gamespot.com - the fans (the public) had given EE a HIGHER rating than Civ III.

Go figure.

Gamespot gave EE a really bad review. It was given 7 point something while AoK got 9 point something. I cannot find any way in which AoK is better than EE.

Originally posted by Ripley
I have both Civ3 and Empire Earth.

I rarely play EE. I play a lot of Civ3.

Thats not an opinion. It's just a fact.

yeah that's the way it works, EE isn't bad but it can't stand to Civ3. any idiots who rated it higher than Civ3 should get off whatever he's on.... or maybe just share it, must be REAL strong.

Originally posted by Zouave
Last time I looked at a gaming site - Gamespot.com - the fans (the public) had given EE a HIGHER rating than Civ III.

Go figure.

I don't find it funny at all... RTS-games are much easier to get started with and they in general more popular than turnbased strat'games. I've found that (this is also very generally speaking!) those who enjoy RTS find TB dull as there's not enough action in it. But, according to my opinion, RTS should be renamed to RTA, as in Realtime action >:) there's some tactics in those games but enough strategy to satiesfy my needs!

Ok I am a big fan of both RTS and TBS. I'm hooked on Civilization, but I would have to say the game I had the most fun with in the past year or so is Starcraft. I got addicted to that, and then AOK. What I play is largeley dependant on my mood. I like Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 games as well, for a different feel to strategy. For something different, recently I tried Baldur's Gate II. I could not get into it, for it was so different from what I liked, so I went to EB and sold it and AOK in exchange for EE. EE looks like a great game that I will enjoy. I just want to read some more of the novel that came with it though ;)

I sold AOK because EE is just a larger version of AOK, so why keep it? Selling those two games took 20 bucks off the price of EE. I could not get into such a huge and involved game like BG2.

-october-:scan:

Top Bottom