1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Empire Score Calculation

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by paxis, Nov 17, 2019.

1. paxis

paxis Chieftain

As recommended from @Victoria I open new thread about empire score calculation.

Last time I did some "research" and now in GS the empire score is calculated as follows:

+ 5 per city (you can also say 3 points for city and 2 points for district)
    + 1 per population
    + 2 per district (+4 for unique district)
    + 1 for every building (also wonders, palace and district buildings)

For me is this a good source of information about the opponents and not really for score victory.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    fantsu, Victoria and Noble Zarkon like this.
  2. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Yup.. these values are precisely what i've also "considered" as the correct formula when developping my little basic mod (( GScoRow = https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1687314303 )) which declares some facts directly off the scoring HUD into the WorldRanking panel.

Ideally.. that device would offer much more assets to determine related evaluations though -- but, we never could pull the necessary extra LUA code to add formal (exact & reliable) content to such planned Tooltip(s) as shown on the second mockup image. Sadly! :scan:

3. LMT

LMT Warlord

At times, score seems like a mediocre metric for determining how well you're doing in a game or how dominant a victory was.

Most of my highest scores were as Freleanor. And my highest score was a loss!

4. fantsu

fantsu Prince

Its just cities+districts+buildings+population?

Wow. Thats really simple, and informative.

No tech or amount of land included like in CIV4? Its kinda strange that tech and civics are left out from the score.

5. paxis

paxis Chieftain

Above mentioned points describes only empire score. The whole score system consists of additional elements like:

civics +3 points,
    techs +2 points
    wonders +15 points
    era points
    religion +2 points for each city following the player's religion (source wiki) -> not tested yet
    empire score -> described in my first post

6. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Worth noting is that those Civics & Techs point(s) were swapped too (3-2 or 2-3 respectively) between RF & GS.. as if some basic gameplay dynamics required slight considerations by Firaxis devs to prevent mis-calculated "impressions" of the real flow of events and how we should just rely on some stable estimates from start to finish.
    Design-wise, it's weird that they'd bother. :mischief:

7. paxis

paxis Chieftain

Now I have also information about religion and in this case the whole score calculation looks like that:

Civics: +3 points
    Empire:
    + 5 per city (you can also say 3 points for city and 2 points for district)
    + 1 per population
    + 2 per district (+4 for unique district)
    + 1 for every building (also wonders, palace and district buildings)
    Great People: +5 points
    Religion:
    +10 points for founding religion
    + 2 points for every foreign city with your religion
    Technology: +2 points
    Wonders: +15 points
    Era Score: + era points

So normally you start with 7 points: 5 for the city, 1 point for a pop and 1 point for palace

Bangau and Eyswein like this.