Empire Total War vs. Europa Universalis

j51

Blue Star Cadet
I feel like playing an early-modern centered conquest game, but I don't know which to pick. Any suggestions, information, etc. would be most appreciated!

simple:

Do you either want a strategy game with deep mechanics considering technology, economy, diplomacy etc..., take EU4

Do you place heavy emphasis on the tactical battles and are you happy with not too much a degree of depth (same level as Civ has) in terms of technology and economy, take TW

I like Empire a lot, it has bad rep from the launch but it's now patched and pretty sweet.

Comparing to other TW games, I think Empire actually has the best system for technologies, agents and diplo.

You know what this made me hungry to start a game of Empire.. :cool:

In Europa Universalis, it isn't really feasible to remain at war most of the time. In Total War games, it often is. In other words, you get more war in Total War. So if you want a conquest game, you may be better off going with Total War.

Empire is currently for sale on steam for € 3,49 or € 6,24 bundled with every DLC (don't know about the $ price). Personally I've only played the demo and didn't realy like it, but that was six years and many patches ago.
I just bought it out of curiosity and because it's cheap (like most of my steam games).

The offer expires ~ 47 hours and 30 minutes after this post.

Pick EU4 if you want to lose. AI is much better and each game is uniq.

Top Bottom