Empires of the East: Ptolemaic Egypt

Balam-Agab

God King
Soldiers of the Hellenistic Ptolemaic Empire of Egypt. Designed to supplement Sandris' units.

Credits to Kinboat, utahjazz7, CamJH, Plotinus, Micaelus, Steph, and Moeniir.

Download

Bonus: Machimoi

Download

and i would note also the nubian auxiliary that brings some light to the border regions! good aditions and may GOD help you create more!

Thanks, guys.

Awesome units! Also, it is cool to get yet another Phalangite. We have some excellent variance for Hellenistic units now. :)

Edit: If you ever feel up for it, the Ptolemaic Empire did employ a lot of native Egyptians in military service, as a warrior caste called the Machimoi. A special corps of Picked Machimoi excelled as Phalangites against the Seleucids at the battle of Raphia and went on to become so confident that they rose against the Greeks and established their own state in Upper Egypt.

Spoiler :
Machimoi Phalangites

Machimoi Cavalry

also cimbri, i have forgotten twice to ask you if you know of some late egyptian byzantine units fighting the muslim invasion. i know almost nothing about this region at the time so mayb e you have something revealing! :hmm:

I second Cimbri's request :) And... since Jerry didn't ask, I'd like to know what's coming next: Thracians, Dacians, Illyrians ? Anything else ?
I would also love to see some new Carthaginian Elephants from you, at the same size (and quality level) as you other very nice Elephants. In fact any new Elephant would be welcomed :D Have you ever considered an Elephant "Worker" ?

Top-quality stuff, as always!

Would you have any interest in making some camel-mounted units at all? This seems to be one area where units are a tad scarce.

Awesome units! Also, it is cool to get yet another Phalangite. We have some excellent variance for Hellenistic units now. :)
Quite so! I love getting new Phalangite units. Thanks a tonne!

Edit: If you ever feel up for it, the Ptolemaic Empire did employ a lot of native Egyptians in military service, as a warrior caste called the Machimoi. A special corps of Picked Machimoi excelled as Phalangites against the Seleucids at the battle of Raphia and went on to become so confident that they rose against the Greeks and established their own state in Upper Egypt.

Done, enjoy.

And... since Jerry didn't ask, I'd like to know what's coming next: Thracians, Dacians, Illyrians ? Anything else ?
I would also love to see some new Carthaginian Elephants from you, at the same size (and quality level) as you other very nice Elephants. In fact any new Elephant would be welcomed :D Have you ever considered an Elephant "Worker" ?

Ive got Dacians, Thracians, and a Carthaginian elephant on the way. As for the worker, I`ll give it a ponder.

Would you have any interest in making some camel-mounted units at all? This seems to be one area where units are a tad scarce.

Perhaps, at some point, although i don't have a camel figure right now.

Done, enjoy.

Sacred beard of Zeus!!! :eek:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :goodjob:

Those are some really cool Machimoi!

For scenario makers out there, they would also make good units for the native rebels based in Upper Egypt from 205 BC to 185 BC (the insurrection that gave us the famous Rosetta Stone)

Thanks guys, glad you like them.

Top Bottom