Empires of the East: Sikhs

Balam-Agab

God King
Sikh warriors from 18th and 19th century Punjab. Suitable as part of the Sikh Confederacy, Sikh Empire, or as part of an Indian Civilization.

Credits to Kinboat, utahjazz7, CamJH, Micaelus, Steph, and Moeniir.

Download

In case abyone is wondering about the hat on the musket/rifleman its called a dastar bunga. A tall conical turban, usually decorated with fully functional chakras, knives, etc. A speciality of the Nihang (a Sikh military order). Photos here.

And that's far from the strangest of their armaments. I'd nominate the ribbon sword and the chakari for that honor.

Thanks, all.

ps: are there any medieval indians in working?

Yep. I'm working on some for the Rajputs and Delhi Sultanates.

In case abyone is wondering about the hat on the musket/rifleman its called a dastar bunga. A tall conical turban, usually decorated with fully functional chakras, knives, etc. A speciality of the Nihang (a Sikh military order). Photos here.

And that's far from the strangest of their armaments. I'd nominate the ribbon sword and the chakari for that honor.

I felt I needed to include at least one Nihang, to add a bit of spice to the outfits...

Wonderful units as usual! Thank you so much!

Any chance of a mounted guy with a gun?

Hope you don't mind so many requests and please feel free to ignore them or let me know if you don't want so many requests.

Once again really appreciate all your hard work!

imperator1961's Asian gunpowder era series includes what looks very much like a Sikh cavalry using both sword & gun. Unless you meant something like a Zamburak.

Hope you don't mind so many requests and please feel free to ignore them or let me know if you don't want so many requests.

Once again really appreciate all your hard work!

It's possible. I'd have to create some animations for it, but I was thinking of doing that at some point anyway.

Don't worry about annoying me with requests. It tends to motivate me more knowing someone else is looking forward to them.

I wondered about the same. A "Turban" Cavalry firing a rifle is really missing. :)

It's possible. I'd have to create some animations for it, but I was thinking of doing that at some point anyway.

This would be great - and of course Balam-Agab, thank you very much for your great work! :thanx:

some pictures to inspire you on the creational journey towards a medieval scotland...hope you like them
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Spoiler :

imperator1961's Asian gunpowder era series includes what looks very much like a Sikh cavalry using both sword & gun.

I wondered about the same. A "Turban" Cavalry firing a rifle is really missing. :)
What did you have in mind different from the unit mentioned? "More South Asian units" always gets my vote, but having them as unique as possible counts as well.

Top Bottom