1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Empires Under the Sun, World Scenario 1850-1900's

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by GeneralMatt, Feb 1, 2008.

1. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

So what type of errors are you getting? That would be a good clue. Is the Art in the proper Directory?

2. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Will there be an update some time in the near future?:confused: (Just thought I'd ask something actually related to your work...):mischief:

3. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

Haha, well actually I am not sure. Possibly you know if I feel the whim. But I put this out there more to see if someone would take it over, and also to get comments. Afaik (no one has said much more than a couple things) all it needs, besides changing a few cities and some new art, is python scripting, and I have no idea in that area..

4. Jasmo

Jasmo Chieftain

I am having problems with this also. I have extensive experience with using mods and scenarios and it is installed in the normal fashion and I do not see any special instructions. I can get the mod to load but the maps do not appear under scenarios whether I have them as privatemaps or as public maps inside the mod or in the general maps folder for BTS. If I go to the map folder and click on the map to load it says the required mod does not exist eventhough I was just running it. There seems to be some problem with the mod and maps recognizing each other or I am doing something really stupid.

5. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

That is weird. Hmm, did you rename the mod folder by any chance?

6. Jasmo

Jasmo Chieftain

No. did a clean install then put the art folder from the art download in the assets folder of the mod. I am really baffled

7. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

Hmm. Well this might work as a workaround. Do you know how to set a mod to load everytime you start Civ? If so, do that with this mod, then try loading the scenario from the file again (Ie double clicking on the scenario file).

8. SimonB1er

SimonB1er Warlord

This is actually the very same thing that's happening to me:confused:

9. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

Hmm, this is really frustrating. Has anyone got it to work at all?

10. dutchking

dutchking Deity

I'll try it soon matt.

11. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

Ok thanks, report back when you do. :)

12. Jasmo

Jasmo Chieftain

No joy either by the above, using a mod loader or launching from inside a vamilla start. What really baffles me is the save file not showing up in the scenario menu even when I put a copy directly in the BTS map folder.

I also notice the error message wen I click the actual worldbuilder save file to start gives a different spacing and capitaliztion pattern than the actual mod name. Do not know the programing of mods well enough to know if that might have something to do with the problem.

13. Jasmo

Jasmo Chieftain

OK this may be a clue for those wiser than I. I found a work around.

I loaded the mod and just clicked on "Play Now". I then went into World Builder, clicked the load button and navigated to the private map folder in the mod and loaded the map. When it loaded, I went into the choose civ menu of the scenario and appear to have started the scenario. I have not played through a game yet.

Obviously this is not the way it should work, but it does get you in.

14. GeneralMatt

GeneralMatt Emperor

Ahh, I was going to mention that if my other thought did not work. But that is extremely weird as I can load it from the menu..