Emrys and Stewards of Inequity

jimi12

Half Jedi
I was recently reading an old thread by Kael on religion and while most Angels dont have an organized or named religion that follow them, it did mention two organizations of worshippers. The Emrys that worship Ceridwen, Angel of the Stars, and the Stewards of Inequity that worship Mammon, Angel of Greed. Who exactly are these groups of people and how do they really effect things on Erebus? And more importantly, should we expect to see them in any updates to Shadow or even Ice?

Look for them as characters in Ice. Although a Balseraph building like "House of Inequity" which replaces the tax collector and also gives +25% culture would be nice.

i will look for them in the future but i was hoping for just a little explanation about them. i love reading about the stories behind all of the individuals and gods and organizations in ffh and i was wanted to read about these guys.

Tebryn Arbandi is more closely affliated with the Emrys than the Ashen Veil. I think the Emrys are the group who want to bring armageddon, as Ceriwden wants it. Something like the Embers (non-canon religion, but based on it) who follow Bhall. An ethnic religion most likely.

The stewards of inequity seem to be people who are a bit of a dark version of the Runes of Kilmorph, more based on greed and short term reward. They are basically the ruling class of some groups of people, who want to keep all slavery, serfdom and similar systems as strong as possible as the only goal of life is the best of one's self, not caring of the results to others.

Could someone confirm this true or false?

Tebryn isnt actually religious at all. But when we talk civ sometimes we muddy the concept of a civilizations state religion and the leaders religion. Tebryn wasn't above allowing religions to exist among his followers as long as it served his purposes. The Emrys was a fairly popular religions and acted as a missionary religion in other civilizations to find and recruit those with magical apptitude and send them off to the Sheaim lands to serve.

Although there wasnt a state religion per se in the D&D game the worship of Bhall, Agares and Ceridwen were popular and Tebryn wouldn't have been above declaring one of them a state religion if it suited his goals.

As for the other, its important to note that thier name is the Stewards of Inequity, not the Stewards of Inequailty. They don't care directly about slavery or any human rights conditions that inequality would imply. The only thing they struggle to maintain is a dissproportionate allocation of the weath (and therefor power) within whatever culture they are acting. Think of them as the Masons are sometimes attributed during medieval times, full of secret symbols, a clandestine gathering of powerful men working behind the scenes to make sure they maintain their power.

In some ways they are a lot like the Council of Esus except the Stewards of Inequity are almost entirely focused on the business aspects of operations, and have very little interest in anything outside of that. Its also worth noting that many Stewards don't directly worship the god of the religion (mammon). But they do follow the rituals of the Stewards (which pay homage to mammon, even if not all the members realize it) and mammon actually prefers that they follow him by pursuing their own greed.

Inequity, not inequality, a silly foreigner mistake :blush:

Inequity, not inequality, a silly foreigner mistake :blush:

No stress, the name is intentionaly vague and and is supposed to sound somewhat gallant in contrast to its literal meaning.

Top Bottom