Enable Dynamic Civ Names

Is there a way to enable dynamic civ names?
No. It does not work anyway as it just gets stuck. The code is based on vanilla Civics and it isn't all in one place being split across Python and the dll.

It would be better if we could use something similar to Platyping's where the rules are in XML rather than in code.

@AIAndy was working on something here but I don't know where it's at with that project.
That code was somewhat complete but still buggy as in crashing. While the original dynamic civ names were entirely in Python, I tried to put the information how to generate those names in XML.
The idea was to have generation rules that are either active or not depending on a BoolExpr so you can check for civics, leader traits or number of cities.
The rules are somewhat similar to grammars, so you can have a rule that generates "Confederation of X" and then another that replaces the X with some other text fragment.

That code was somewhat complete but still buggy as in crashing. While the original dynamic civ names were entirely in Python, I tried to put the information how to generate those names in XML.
The idea was to have generation rules that are either active or not depending on a BoolExpr so you can check for civics, leader traits or number of cities.
The rules are somewhat similar to grammars, so you can have a rule that generates "Confederation of X" and then another that replaces the X with some other text fragment.
It'd be nice if we could get ya back to fix it up and finish that project. It was a good project but one I don't think I'd be able to finalize.

I already removed that code in my local version from the dll because i knew it wasn't working and it wasn't used anywhere anymore.

The old python solution failed because it was never updated with all the new civics and other new stuff.
Platyping's python solution looks promising.

Top Bottom