Encouraging Religious Wars and Lore Appropriate Worship

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by Izmir Stinger, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Izmir Stinger

Izmir Stinger Deity

Try it before you heap too much praise upon me. Sometimes weird stuff still happens.

I changed so little that this really doesn't qualify as a ModMod. I also don't really want to invest in the work of keeping these files up to date with version changes.

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

eheh, yeah I should try it before the praise. but the idea is definitely sound :D

I still think you should move it over to the modmod section though. it doesn't matter if you don't wanna make the effort to keep it up to date, more people will see it and like it and maybe it will be taken over by another modder after you're no longer interested in it, or it might get merged into a bigger modmod. and then you'll be forever a part of the FFH history :lol:

edit: I think that every single modder out there deserves praise no matter how small the modification is. you did spend some of your precious time in it and shared it freely without asking anything in return. even if any modder ultimately mods for his own enjoyment and to get the game he/she really wants to play, not all people are kind enough as to freely share their work with everyone else. so, thank you :)

3. MetalMilitia-

MetalMilitia- Warlord

Heh, great minds do indeed think alike. I do the exact same thing to my own files, atleast when i play the game...the stupid AI has been bothering so much that i stopped trying a while back. But this is really something that should be incorporated in the mainmod imo. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever the way these things are set per default.

Oh and about the Amurites, Id say they dont typically have any religious preference lorewise, they can pretty go anywhere. Valledia the Even could be given a weight towards AV since she seems like the kind of leader that might sell her soul and everyone else to the demons.

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

No, Valledia should clearly be weighted towards the Council of Esus, given her underhanded political tactics and plots like that where she had Einion's wife tortured in what appeared to be a demonic fashion to provoke the Elohim to break their treaty and renew their war. The only religion we know the Amurites ever invited in though was The Order, as Valledia thought they would be useful for defending against the Infernals once she found out that her plan would not draw the Elohim back into the war in time to save her people. Valledia is not a nice person and she is rather power hungry, but she certainly does not get along with demons and would not convert to the Veil.

Given his philosophical personality (and trait) and how strongly he opposes Valledia's extra-legal dealings, I think Dain is best with the Empyrean. Any religion but AV or CoE would probably work fine for for him though. Dain is depicted as a highly civilized (some might say almost effeminate) man, while Valledia is rougher and ruthless. Dain may be the best mage around and Valledia's natural talent for magic may not be enough for any mage guild to accept her as an adept, but she clearly demonstrates greater Strength of Will.

The Amurite weighting towards FoL was derived from their connection with Kylorin, who allowed Sucellus to be reborn when he defeated Mulcarn.

5. loffenx

loffenx Warlord

I have been playing two-three games and really like the AI:s new preferences. I've chaned the spreadfactors myself so can't really comment on them specifically, but overall it seems quite well balanced. :)

6. MetalMilitia-

MetalMilitia- Warlord

ah yea, I suppose you are right Magister. I had her pecked as a ruthless at-any-cost leader but yea, they are enemies of the infernals.

Thx for correcting me, you are vigilant as allways. :D

7. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

She is quite ruthless, but she doesn't flaunt it. Her public appearance is that of a very ethical leader. Archmages don't tend to go blabbing to the populous about how she is blackmailing them. Her power is gained by subterfuge and intrigue while maintaining a good appearance, all clear Esus qualities. Also, Kael has made it clear that she lacks the Ego of most despots, and genuinely believes that her unethical acts are for the betterment of her people rather than personal gain.