1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Encroachment warning

Discussion in 'CivBE - Ideas and Suggestions' started by Juanholio, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Juanholio

Juanholio Warlord

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but has come up for me a couple of times. The old 'you're settling too near to us' message, it seems, is triggered when the colony becomes a city. I often say 'I won't settle near you' while forgetting that only a few turns later I'll break my promise as another colony converts. Would be useful if this was triggered on colony placement, then it'd be easier to pick the best response.

It would also be nice to have some idea what the AI considers 'too close'. I had the farcical situation of upsetting the Slavs by founding a colony more than 20 hexes south on one map where the Slavs started about that to the north of my cap.

2. Xenotitan

Xenotitan Prince

I suspect but can't prove that this is sometimes triggered by the AI settling close to you instead of the other way around.

Part of the reason I suspect this is because I've had the AI ask me not to settle near them when both my cities had been founded before the AI made planetfall.