End game techs costing 1 beaker

CiverDan

Warlord
Make it through the entire tech tree (on enternity) and found a bug where 2 of the most expensive techs in the game end up costing 1 breaker, likely due to the tech costing too many beakers so the game reads it as 1 once it exceeds a certain power of 2 (2^25 I think is the magic number here). Not that big of a deal IMHO really not a gameplay issue or anything.

Make it through the entire tech tree (on enternity) and found a bug where 2 of the most expensive techs in the game end up costing 1 breaker, likely due to the tech costing too many beakers so the game reads it as 1 once it exceeds a certain power of 2 (2^25 I think is the magic number here). Not that big of a deal IMHO really not a gameplay issue or anything.

It will be an issue in the future, as if you try to research them you get a CTD (atleast I did). Someone should go and increase the limit on research numbers so that this goes away.

Post save game please with a note as to wheere to look to show this (research advisor??)

Interesting thing was I did not get a CTD. The tech just took 1 turn to research. One of the techs showed a 1 beaker initially but went to 17 mil beakers once I researched the prereq. Two of the others remained 1 beaker after prereq's were discovered. Guess we need to find out if current tech cost limit is hard coded or not.

Interesting thing was I did not get a CTD. The tech just took 1 turn to research. One of the techs showed a 1 beaker initially but went to 17 mil beakers once I researched the prereq. Two of the others remained 1 beaker after prereq's were discovered. Guess we need to find out if current tech cost limit is hard coded or not.

It's integer arithmetic overflowing the bound of an int (2 billion roughly). Depednign on what party of the evaulation its doing it may be assessign the total cost of a tech path, not just one tech. It may also be multiplying up by weghting factors in interim calculations. Mostly likely its an interim multiplier somewhere causing an overflow, which should be reasonably readily fixable by changing the calculation order slightly.

Top Bottom