End of project?

WileyNg

Prince
Hi all,

I notice that in the past few weeks the updates became more and more minor and as trivial as fixing bugs or reorganizing the tech tree, so to speak. Is it close to the end of project?

A long time ago Gazebo you posted this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=526185 to remind ourselves where we are and the goals of this patch but it has not yet been updated since July 2014. I'd like to know that what are we still up to because I am really waiting for CBP's compatibility with JFD's amazing mods.

It is nice to know what still is needed to be done, particularly in regards to LUA, AI or other key features.
Thanks.

The recent updates have been anything but trivial. Have you noticed the entirely new system for spies that was released a few days ago?

We've knocked out most things on that list - all but one or two, actually. I'd say we're in 'stabilization' at the moment - fixing bugs we've picked up along the way, addressing balance concerns, retooling new features as needed. Once that's complete, we can look at moving on to another big project, if there is one, or simply balance and the eventual (hopeful) release of a multiplayer-compatible version. If I were to give a rough percentage to the project, I'd say we're 75% done.

G

Hi all,

I notice that in the past few weeks the updates became more and more minor and as trivial as fixing bugs or reorganizing the tech tree, so to speak. Is it close to the end of project?

A long time ago Gazebo you posted this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=526185 to remind ourselves where we are and the goals of this patch but it has not yet been updated since July 2014. I'd like to know that what are we still up to because I am really waiting for CBP's compatibility with JFD's amazing mods.

It is nice to know what still is needed to be done, particularly in regards to LUA, AI or other key features.
Thanks.

Maybe last patches are rather minor but don't forget that they are updated very frequently!

We've knocked out most things on that list - all but one or two, actually. I'd say we're in 'stabilization' at the moment - fixing bugs we've picked up along the way, addressing balance concerns, retooling new features as needed. Once that's complete, we can look at moving on to another big project, if there is one, or simply balance and the eventual (hopeful) release of a multiplayer-compatible version. If I were to give a rough percentage to the project, I'd say we're 75% done.

G

Multiplayer version !!! If we won't have any major ideas for some time then it'd be great to do CPP multiplayer-compatible.

Then we could jump into CPP v2 project leaving CPP fully done to play in single and multi until we finish CPP v2 ;)

Just dreaming loudly :)

But I love how this project evolves and I hope that we can pull out even more fun from this game (I just like changes). So I hope that it won't stop soon.

Don't get too excited - the current methods for making MP-compatible mods are...quirky. I make no promises, but I do have intentions to try my hardest.

G
The last time I played multi-player mods I just assembled all the mods I wanted to play with as a dlc then distributed it to my friends and we were able to easily play without issue. The problem is if you want to add or change any of the mods you basically need to create a whole new pack which is a pain in the ass. Unless there are new methods or ones I don't know about (and surely there are) I can imagine what a headache this would be haha. If you have a group of regular friends you play with its really not a big deal, but trying to implement it with random friends or people on steam would be a pita and I can't even imagine what would be involved with that so my respect and sympathies if you can/are going to try and make that work.

I had an idea a while back, that if MP CPP is possible and SP CPP is done, it would be interesting to create a multiplayer-specific patch that adds functionality that would normally not be feasible in single player due to the headache that is AI coding (after all SO many good ideas got shot down because of this), but I'm not sure how many people would appreciate/play it.

But of course it would depend entirely on people wanting to work on it. Just throwing this idea out there.

I wouldn't mind if the AI was a little more evil at pillaging. If they out number you and surround your city your country side should be on fire and only pillage around the city when they need it.

Also I laughed when the ai attacked some revolt units first when they were already attacking my units and could of finished them off. Thank for the save. :lol:

Also is it possible when upgrading units that are fortified stay fortified to save some clicking?

Top Bottom