1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

End of turn, crash to desktop?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by rschissler, May 1, 2017.

1. rschissler

rschissler King

Off and on through the months, I've read about end of turn, crash to desktop issues. Well, it just happened to me. A well developed game of many, many hours, and at the end of the turn, pressing the next turn button results in a crash to desktop. What could be the cause of this? I tired different save points with no luck.

It's very discouraging, to say the least, not being able to continue this game. Why would I want to start over with putting a bunch of effort into a new game, with the thought that it could happen again?

2. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

By any chance did the game start on a previous patch compared to the current one?
    Quill18 on his channel a few months ago that one of his games broke after next turn after one of the early patches *; and I recall it happening during the AI turn. (I think it was his Russian game, but aren't sure.)

* I don't recall the official name of this patch, but what I do recall is that it's the patch that eliminated the balloon +1 range stacking. As a side effect it caused on existing games balloons (at least those already built) to be useless. (Only affected existing games, things worked as expected for him on fresh games.)

He's not reported a crash since then, but he discontinued his China game that had started under the previous patch when the current patch game out.

Bottom line is that if that game started on a previous patch and is crashing, it's probably not salvageable, and you'll need to start a new game.

3. rschissler

rschissler King

No, there is no overlap of patches. This game was only a few days old, crashing yesterday.

4. newbie2

newbie2 Warlord