End of War negotiations flawed

frog_gamer

Chieftain
Yesterday I had a small war with England and invaded London and Newcastle in a brief 3 turn blitzkrieg.
When negotiations started, obviously I was going to keep both cities, but Victoria wanted all of my gold to accept.

Obviously I did not agree, so I killed her by taking her 2 remaining cities.

Why was she so insistent for all my gold; I tried just after the capture of the first 2, then a few turns later, then after conquest of her 3rd city, then too bad she was dead.

This seems fine.

She is accepting to officially give away her cities (yes, even if you conquered them, those are still english cities until an agreement is made) for gold, which she needs to build settlers or an army to take them back.

Giving them away for nothing makes no sense. Just surviving even if that means having no option to compete any more is a terrible decision.

She is also perfectly aware on the diplomatic penalties for marching on and conquering all of her remaining cities, and expecting you to reconsider.

You can always just believe this is bug and blame Firaxis. I tend to believe there is some logic to what the AI is doing, unless there is really nothing I can think of.

This isn't a bug.

When an AI declares war on me, sends all his units into my lands and leaves them standing around my cities doing nothing until I kill all of them with city defenses, and then comes begging for me to take half his cities for peace, despite me not even stepping into his borders...

That's not a bug either, that's just awful programming and the AI in this game is full of it.

Top Bottom