End the Term Now?

Epimethius

Wish I Hadn't Been Here
I started this a bit late, so the discussion and poll will be pretty short.

It seems to me we are on the edge of a major issue, with the Iroquois and Forbidden Palace problems. And I cannot help but feel that both these problems have been made a lot worse by the transition. So why don't we make things easy and have the next chat be the business of the Term IV administration? It simply works better that way.

NO!!!! the polls arnt final yet. are they? and even if they are NO!!!!!!! its against so many laws (i preassume)

We need to let Chieftess have her last turnchat, you cannot deny her that.

No, there are many instructions already posted and this would cause questions as to which are valid and legal.

Not all ther term 4 people are ready yet either. I know I want to do stuff for culture before the new term starts.

Handing things over now would make a lot of sense. Starting a war and then giving the rest to another term doesn't. We've got a lot of issues facing us, and doing it this way means we'll have more time and an easier transition for things like military.

The Military transition is already complete, and this is probably the most prepared military office entering a new term, fully manned with excellent ranking generals and admirals.
We also managed to pass a series of reforms, also in place. Now, we need to follow the Constitution, and not bend it according to our will just because it feels like a change right now. Nixon inherited Vietnam and Ford inherited Watergate. Such is politics.

Black_Hole said:
epi do you know how many things in the constitution this breaks?

It breaks only one law in the constitution, that's it.

Otherwise, no. Let the Term 3 people finish out there last three days. It's only three days afterall, anyone plan on dying soon?

Provolution said:
We need to let Chieftess have her last turnchat, you cannot deny her that.

Besides that, I won't be there for that TC. I have a Spelling Bee to go to. And with Donsig resigning...

Let's just keep Halloween with Chieftess and Furiey. I'll be content with All Saint's Day.

I agree with everyone here. Let's not break one of our oldest traditions.

Yes let the term be completed...anyways there were many governements that were newly elected in time of emergencies

Epimethius said:
Handing things over now would make a lot of sense. Starting a war and then giving the rest to another term doesn't. We've got a lot of issues facing us, and doing it this way means we'll have more time and an easier transition for things like military.

I remember back in DG3 when Vice-President Chieftess started a war on the last turn on the term, and it ended up consuming my entire Presidency when I took office. It was quite a mess, and I have not been compelled to run for the Presidency since. To be fair to CT, there was more going on than just the inherited war.

However, I agree with everything else posted here. Chieftess deserves her last scheduled chat, and we will work out the details in the next term --- as we always do. :)

Strider said:
It breaks only one law in the constitution, that's it.

Otherwise, no. Let the Term 3 people finish out there last three days. It's only three days afterall, anyone plan on dying soon?
I never said it broke more than 1 thing, i was just asking him if he knew how many things it broke ;)
lol, but actually it breaks G.1, H, and M

Black_Hole said:
I never said it broke more than 1 thing, i was just asking him if he knew how many things it broke ;)
lol, but actually it breaks G.1, H, and M

It only breaks Article G. Article H. has nothing to do with Terms, it only states that someone can not hold multiple poistions and can only accept one nomination.

Article M. is only over irrevisable actions and the DP, I believe.

I'm not saying that Term IV should run the halloween chat, I'm saying it shouldn't happen.

As for depriving CT of her last chat, a lot of people tried to throw her out for an honest mistake. This is taking away one single chat because it would be so much easier.

Transitioning at this time will be a hideous problem, it seems to me. So either the chat stop the moment war is declared, or be delayed until November.

I'll have to post a poll on this pretty soon.

Epi, that's part of the fun of being in a Democracy. Sometimes things don't work out perfectly, and it's up to the next administration to take care of it. Besides, it's not like we elected a bunch of people who don't know what's going on. There's not a single person in office for Term 4 that hasn't closely followed the Demogame for the past Term. I, for one, am not worried about their ability to handle whatever the Term 3 crew gives them.

Epimethius said:
I'm not saying that Term IV should run the halloween chat, I'm saying it shouldn't happen.

As for depriving CT of her last chat, a lot of people tried to throw her out for an honest mistake. This is taking away one single chat because it would be so much easier.

Transitioning at this time will be a hideous problem, it seems to me. So either the chat stop the moment war is declared, or be delayed until November.

I'll have to post a poll on this pretty soon.
why are we taking away her final chat when she didnt break a law
in the USA we wont postpone say a war, if someone is about to launch nukes at us, we wont delay a war just because its the last month of a presidents term....

Strider said:
It only breaks Article G. Article H. has nothing to do with Terms, it only states that someone can not hold multiple poistions and can only accept one nomination.

Article M. is only over irrevisable actions and the DP, I believe.
sorry I got it wrong, I thought the term 4 ppl would play the save or somehting, which in that case would break those two articles

but im still against stopping the term

Top Bottom