1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

end turn lock up game now unplayable

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by noise36, Jun 7, 2021.

1. noise36

noise36 Chieftain

Super frustrating! After playing for a short time the game will just get stuck at the end of turn and be completely unresponsive, happens in both DX11 and DX12 exe's.

I am having to hard close the game via task manager, and now its happening so frequently I cant even play the game anymore.

I have nearly 900 hrs in this game over the years so very much a new problem.

2. drouinfrank

drouinfrank Chieftain

Same here, I already opened a ticket and made a post about it. Worse, sometime I cannot even use the task manager since I cannot access it (Alt+tab doesn't work).

The cause seem to be random, coming back 1 or 2 turn earlier fix this.

3. Jarek

Jarek Chieftain

Any soulutions have appeared? I have the same problem. Tried to reinstall game (Steam version), turn mods off. I see that many users have this problem while the rest of gamers claims that game is perfectly stable. Some similar to covid symtoms... :-(

4. Apaco

Apaco Chieftain

Yeah, same problem for me to. Very frustrating and cant find any logic reason for it to happen.