1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

End turn Times

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Newcomer24, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Newcomer24

Newcomer24 Warlord

Ok I've been playing a little, still too early to comment on anything but one of the first things I noticed was the amount of time it takes to end the turn.

Now.. before you start asking... I have a powerful system (quad core 3.5Ghz, ATI 5850, SSD disk etc... everything is in good shape)

On a huge map with 12 Civs it takes noticiably more than what Civ4 on giant map (50% bigger than huge) with 18 Civs used to take, nothing dramatic but the difference, even in the early turns, is noticiable and if the amount of time needed to end the turn will grow bigger and bigger later in the game (as it was the case in Civ4) that would be alarming...

I'll just have to play a little more and see how it goes from the medieval times onwards...

2. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

Yeah, I also noticed a big change in turn times. Opening turns seemed to take as long as mid game turns in IV, but to me it at least seemed the the times (from turn 1 to turn 100) seem equal. I'm sure as the game goes on, this will change and turns will take longer, but for now, everything "seems" equal.

3. kattana

kattana Warlord

i am wondering how much AI time all those city states are taking. thats an additional what.. 20 or so "civs" right there.

4. silentknight111

silentknight111 Warlord

The default option is to auto-save at the end of every single turn. Maybe try disabling that, or lessening the save increment?

5. Junuxx

Junuxx Emperor

I always liked the interturns to be honest, since the days of Civ1 and Col1 (with the little blinking rectangle in the bottom right). Only when it literally took minutes with Civ3 on my Athlon Thunderbird 1200 did it become rather annoying. But I don't imagine it's that bad now?