Endless aliens

GlobularFoody

Warlord
So this is my first game, and there is a seemingly endless supply of aliens right next to my starting city. Is this normal? I can't do anything but sit here and kill aliens, it's like 2-3 are spawning every turn. Here's a screenshot.

Attachments

• i6yH5If.jpg
    i6yH5If.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 379
I've seen worse.

I suggest that you leave the aliens alone for the early game. Trying to kill them with your base units is pointless. However if you leave them be, they will hardly ever attack you.
Just keep your soldier fortified wherever your worker is doing his job and try to get ultrasonic fence fast.

I found that aliens also completely ignore explorers if you never kill them, the only time they attack is when you get too near to their nests.

Yeah you can get pretty hemmed in by Aliens depending on your start. I got boxed in by like 3 Nests in one of my first games.

The problem was I "decided" to play Purity and was trying to stick with that choice. I should have chosen Harmony based on the map...

Aliens =|= Barbarians

I am sure I am going to have to break some CiV habits. I didn't win a game until I forced myself to build more than 4 cities...

That's what I picked, purity. I guess I'll just restart, I got carried away killing aliens for around 100 turns thinking it might have been a good idea since you get science for them on the might tree, or whatever it is.

In a situation like that it's actually pretty funny to watch the results of activating the ultrasonic fence.

The 3 visible alien nests (and who knows how many more not visible) are probably the reason for all the aliens - if you take those out, the aliens stop spawning and leave.

It looks like there's a bunch of alien nests near your capital. I'd either prioritize military technology and wipe them out, or up my affinity since a few marines can easily crush those aliens... or restart if this was intended to be a peaceful game. You can also go harmony and cross your fingers, though this isn't a failsafe plan.

Also get an ultrasonic fence if you intend to keep playing.

You actually want to kill all the aliens and take out all the nests regardless of your affinity. Even with harmony and friendly aliens (which actually are two completely unrelated things---you can be 0 Harmony and 10 Purity while having friendly aliens), the aliens become roadblocks that offer absolutely no benefit.

If you want to role-play and not kill aliens, the only solution is Ultrasonic Fences.

Yeah you'll eventually have to kill aliens even if harmony, but harmony and an ultrasonic fence can give a lot of reprieve in the early game, where hordes of aliens can be a huge problem.

Even at neutral, aliens can just decide to eat your workers and convoys for lunch any time. Having harmony just lowers their probability of attack quicker, but it will never be zero. The only time it becomes zero is when they turn blue.

That's why I said get an ultrasonic fence. I sometimes try and get one point of harmony, but it isn't always necessary. I like to build an ultrasonic fence and then get the buff allowing it to protect trade conveys. If a worker goes outside of 2 tiles, I just get a basic unit to protect it, unless the alien in question is a worm.

If you tile border their nest, they become friendly in 65 some odd turns. They can repel occupying forces especially useful for going tall.

Top Bottom