1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Enemy Great People (Not a Bug)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Saruman the White, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Saruman the White

Saruman the White Chieftain

I've found that whenever I capture an enemy (I'm at war with them) Great Person, instead of having it killed (as it should) it returns to their closest city. This is not right. Anyone else having the same issue?

2. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

This is Working As Intended in Civ VI logic. I have to say I agree that they should be killed, especially Generals, but the devs do not seem to agree.

legalizefreedom likes this.
  3. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Yes, this is not a bug, but a design decision. Thread title changed to reflect this.

4. Saruman the White

Saruman the White Chieftain

May I ask if this also happen the other way round? I mean if an enemy captures a Great Person of mine, do I lose it, or it retreat to my closest city?

5. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

Yep it goes back to your city. For this reason, if you have a spare GP lying around they make excellent explorers. You also don't have to worry about Darwin when you send him off to find the Galapagos :lol:.