1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Engineer's Dream Achievement as Rome? Possible?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, Nov 9, 2019.

1. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Has anyone gotten the engineers dream achievement as Rome? I figured the bath would count as an aqueduct, but I got all the requirements in one of my Roman cities tonight, and no achievement.

2. Chefofrats

Chefofrats Prince

I seem to remember I did this achievment in a game as Rome. Are you sure all the tiles with the required improvements belong to one city? If the game always recognizes the Bath as an Aqueduct (which I believe it does, and my vague recollection tentatively supports that conclusion), tile ownership might be the relevant issue.

3. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

This question came up back when GA dropped- with Rome oddly enough- but there was some speculation as to whether order mattered, and which tile the railroad needs to be on:
    Link
    It wouldn’t be the first time there was some wonky logic in the achievements.

4. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Haven't worked on this achievement, so this is just a blind shot, but have you placed a railroad on the city centre? I have no clue if this would be a requirement, but the game is somewhat annoying that it doesn't automatically upgrade from road to railroad in city centre hexes (well I guess it's fair that it doesn't based on the resource and pollution issues, but it's still annoying because it's so easy to miss).

5. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Thanks for the ideas!

All the tiles are definitely owned by the city. The city already had multiple tiles of railroad and a mountain tunnel when I finished the golden gate bridge (having already built the bath, dam, and canal). The achievement didn't trigger. So I added more railroad and another tunnel in case the order mattered, but no trigger.

Any more ideas? I'm still waiting for Vesuvius to blow (size 15 pop city just waiting for destruction for centuries now), so I'll be returning to the game and can play around if anyone has more ideas.

Also, if you're having trouble finding a location for this achievement, in my limited experience so far, it seems that the primordial map has a fairly good chance of providing a spot.

6. Beaver79

Beaver79 Warlord

I'm trying for this achievement now and it is a serious pain to find a location suitable for this. I just had the perfect city for this but discovered you can't build a dam in the tundra.. It combines all of the finicky engineering projects into 1 city. Sorry you did all of that and aren't getting it now because aqueduct isn't spelled the same as bath even though they do the same dam thing.

I might have to try this on a primordial map. I've been trying splintered fractal as I've found being able to even place a golden gate bridge in some maps is impossible. That can't be on a lake either..

If Vesuvius doesn't blow the true star Europe map is easy to get that one.

WillowBrook likes this.