Engineers rush instantly

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by Moriboe, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Moriboe

Moriboe King

Ever lost a wonder after using an engineer to completely fill up the progress? Well, it sucks. So I have some code to make it finish the wonder on the same turn, if the engineer added enough hammers for completion. Look for Instant Hurry on the mod browser.

If engineer hammers are not sufficient to finish a wonder, a message will be given and no action performed. If you want to use the engineer regardless, just issue the command a second time.

2. Moriboe

Moriboe King

Not compatible with other mods editing UnitPanel.lua. A merge should be straightforward though.

3. Moriboe

Moriboe King

New version is up!

If engineer hammers are not sufficient to finish a wonder, a message will now be given and no action performed. If you want to use the engineer regardless, just issue the command a second time.

If the engineer does yield enough hammers, construction is finished on the same turn.

The attached screenshot is obviously not from a real game, but you get the picture.

Attached Files:

4. Irkalla

Irkalla ENTP POWWWEEEEEER

I think an alternate way of doing this would be to add a WasRushed bit to buildings, and if the building construction is cancelled, then give extra gold or even GP points.

5. Moriboe

Moriboe King

Or I could take the gold you get away again and spawn a new engineer. Needed GP points will go up, so there is still a penalty.

Any solution would have the same goal: remove an unfun aspect of the game. But I'm starting to think I'm about the only one bugged by this. That engineer was carrying the aspirations of the nation on his shoulders! The people will not be complacent with failure gold ><.

6. EndoConvert

EndoConvert Warlord

Don't worry, you're not the only one bugged by this. ;) I hate it when I blow an engineer, and then an AI beats me to the wonder in that gap between turns. It's so frustrating! :mad: