England 1900's

greenfieldpark

Warlord
So i've been loving this Mod so far. I havn't played many civs yet but love England for the expansionistic trait. Anyway i've hit a little problem. The time is 1900 and I am now the worlds only superpower. In addition to Britian I also control most of north america, the lower half of south Africa, Some of the east coast of south america, India, and the city of rome (just captured it because i wanted to have the holy city of Christinaity). Anyway my stability rating has been stable or better for the most part of the game until now. While i had a stability rating of stable my expansion rating was only 2 stars. Well India just rebelled and declared their independance from me. I accepted. I look at my stability and it looks as though i've gone from stable to unstable. So i decide to save and see what happens if i get rid of some of my territory because i figure I have too much. Well by getting rid of africica and south america my expansion rating does go up by i'm still unstable. So i see what happens if i get rid of america. Well now it goes down...so what do i need to do to get my stability back up again? Do i have too much territory or am i suposed to be getting rid of some? I checked the maps and i'm pretty dead on for what britian controlled at this time. But it was around this time also that they started to lose territory. Any help?

I'd really advise reading through this guide http://wikirhye.wikidot.com/stability and seeing what you can do to help.

With a rough guide I'd say you shouldn't give away all your territories, I'd give away any that just arn't productive to civs you want good relations with. That will help two fold, however never give away too many as obviously your empire will shrink and take a hit.

Also stability tends to flow upwards, so while you'll take hits to it, getting it back up takes time.

Everytime you give a City away you take a stability hit and under BtS by granting freedom to another Civ (such as India) you also take a stability hit. Sounds to me like your overexpanding too as Rhyes isnt very forgiving to giga empires. As England I would advise aiming for no more than about 20 or so cities and probably free religion or pacifisim since you will take stability hits with non state religons in your cities and since its a world empire your more than likely going to have non state religions in your colonies.

I think he means in general the style of play?

yep exactly their style of play would be expansionist. Like the mongols, chinese, romans etc. Well thanks for the advice. I have a feeling it was the fact that i gave india independance. Last time i do that.. I've recently taken those citys back but how long till the negative stability hit wears off? My wife actually just gave birth to a baby so i'm not sure how often i'm going to get to play. But when i do have the time I will try out these tips. Thanks and wish me luck on the possible end of my futur gaming :)

After setteling all your far off cities with England if your planning on fighting wars to retake land that was once yours your better off switching to occupation to help stability. You take a permanent stab hit for the anarchy but again the positives (from occupation) seem to outweight the negatives.

Top Bottom