1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

England - Victoria Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

Someone should update this video with links to Viccy's intro and declaration of war screens. From BAStartGaming's recent multipart run-through (intro was in Part 1, war declaration part 4 I think).

2. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

So a few things i've noticed from the start of Quill 18's video which are quite interesting. The intro leader screens once you've selected you're empire have a fixed format. There are clearly two seperate bonuses and two uniques below them.

The top one appears to be the leaders bonus, so Victoria's is Pax Britannica, seeing as this is how Egypt's screen is constructed in another video i've seen. Looks like they left it off the first look video as they were still balancing, and also it doesn't exactly sound impressive...

Also, the redcoat unit is only mentioned in passing. Looks like they didn't exactly know where to put it on that screen yet. My bet is it's gunna end up being just between the two text blocks as a unique for Victoria. It'd be interesting to see if they are having this problem on Teddy's leader screen too. Anyone know a vid showing his loading screen? :goodjob:

3. King Jason

King Jason Fleece-bearer

I think it's funny that everyone was blasting this civ for being useless on Pangea when, in actuality, the Redcoat UU is the most powerful unit we've seen thus far for that map type. :lol:

When you have a pangea that consists of multiple sub-continents, then America's combat bonus and France's UU will be restricted to their specific sphere of Influence. The Redcoat, however, would be the opposite; acquiring it's bonus across most of the Pangea.

4. treadwin

treadwin Warlord

These leaders are not being chosen for their sweet figures, butt-chins or the size of their asps, they are being chosen for their strength of character! :lol:

5. Zaarin

Zaarin My Dearest Doctor

Assuming they map the continents as IRL, though, Teddy and France would be superpowers on the real world map starting in Asia or Africa--or even North America.

6. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

No, but Victoria didnt have a buttchin (nor TR was morbidly obese). The one who DOES have a buttchin is Emily Blunt who played her in The Young Victoria

7. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Victoria has too curvy (bony) nose, which do not look very natural. I mean it is a bit too thin.

It should look like this more or less, I think.

I hope they can polish it, just like they did with Teddy.

8. Guandao

Guandao Rajah of Minyue and Langkasuka

The Civ6 version of Victoria's eyes doesn't resemble her in real life in my opinion

9. True_Candyman

True_Candyman Emperor

There are a million different portaits of vicky, and frankly, she looks like almost a completely different person in each.

If I were to look at the Civ VI Vicky and guess who she was, I think i would guess a young Vicky, and that's good enough for me. 100% accuracy down to nose orientation is a stretch, these are interpretations only.

10. Nick31

Nick31 Prince

Well, if they'd said "sub-continent" rather than Continent, maybe we'd have been more optimistic about the utility of those Red Coats :). If they don't need to get on a boat, they suddenly look more promising.

11. darko82

darko82 Emperor

Cleopatra has a nice straight nose. Why can't Victoria have a beautiful nose as Cleo? :lol: