1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

England - Victoria Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Jun 28, 2016.

1. stroypa

stroypa Chieftain

I think that's too nerfed. More realistic would be that as soon as Iceland goes to war with England, England capitulates and gives all gold, resources and cities.

2. Gbest

Gbest Chieftain

Should we expect another video today? Last week we also had the Unstacking Cities beside the America video.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I suspect that last Monday was a fluke, and that we shouldn't expect these videos to be in pairs.

4. Ikael

Ikael King

I think that "British museum" is Victoria's UA, since it is very victorian-era focused. I am quite sure that there are more dettails about England's uniques that they haven't revealed yet.

Indeed it is! :D but that is the spice of (forum) life! :p

5. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

We had Churchill in Civ 4.

6. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

Interesting that England's foreign adventures are going to clash with America's Continental aspirations. :D

7. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

I feel like civ6 needs an "american independence" scenario. :D

8. Eagle Pursuit

I feel like that is on purpose. I wonder if things are going to be set up for all civs to have natural foils.

9. nunor

nunor King

Expectation:

Reality:

You guys sure like to exaggerate. :p

10. cairnsy44

cairnsy44 Gooner - first class

I would wager a large amount that the French leader will be Louis XIV. Maybe Pericles for Greece. I would not be surprised if you had Frederick for Germany, but will guess they consider Bismarck one of the "old favorites."

Really liking the English civ so far. Sort of surprised they did not call it Britain though. I mean, that WAS the nation's name under Victoria.

11. wiggawuu

wiggawuu Warlord

12. Eagle Pursuit

Victoria's principle residence was Buckingham Palace. I wonder why they chose to put her in front of what I assume is the Tower of London. I suppose it so that modders can recycle the background for alternate leaders.

13. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Deity

maybe it feeds into the "mayhem" mechanic. If civs have natural enemies, it will promote some tension in the game.

14. stealth_nsk

stealth_nsk Deity

Some pieces of information:

Embarkation works as in Civ5, normal land units loose movement on disembark.

Archaeologists are spawned by museum. Museums have artifacts slot (great works of art weren't mentioned).

15. Thormodr

Thormodr Servant of Civ Supporter

I was thinking along those lines. Perhaps the Japanese leader, who is best known for helping repel two Mongol invasions, might be defensive and a natural foil to the Mongols who would have an offensive inclination. :)

Might make for a fun scenario, as well.

16. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

It's almost as if they're anticipating adding a pre-unification King or Queen as an alternative leader. Someone who might go after holy relics. Some dick with the heart of a lion maybe.

Crusades Scenario confirmed: Richard the Lionheart & Saladin confirmed.

17. nunor

nunor King

It's the Windsor castle.
    Spoiler :

18. Monado

Monado King

It feels like hardly any effort was put into the leader backgrounds is all. This one is the worst yet. They sure are making it easy for modders to out perform them.

Victoria herself looks horrible. Lighting from so many weird angles, yet it still looks flat. Another unenjoyable leaderscreen.

19. Hajee

Hajee Prince

I think I make a mod so England has a unique Civic for their government which is called brexit. you lose 10% gold per turn and -20% gold on all foreign trade routes

20. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

The point is England is fairly unique in having 'multiple' highly significant/iconic/completely historical female rulers (one of whom was a true full ruler).. and so will probably tend to have them for quite a while (at least as long as there is only one leader per civ (Churchill was in civ 4 as an alternate)